Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    where did you come from mate? are you an engine builder? i think my motor and choice of cams are doing perfectly fine thanks mate... if you think otherwise then feel free to pm me.. dnt mees this thread dnt reply here about cams its a IM and TB thread

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by delsol9000rpms View Post
    ye im a 3rd year aprentice mechanic so ill be doing everything like the IM TB myself there piss easy
    good luck with it and do it on a coooool day lol. do it at your shop too if you have a hoist... the bracket underneath is an absolute nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    i feel for ya dsp26,

Good work though for giving it a go
    mate.. far out... i spent an hour trying to figure why i couldn't get the new one on... turns out the bottom of the flange has hitting the alternator bracket so had to grind it off (head sitting lower from thinner gasket and milling)... looked at my old one and my builder actually did the same. also as per jimmy's advise i got rid of the vtir TB coz too much screwing around with fitting the b16a/b18c7 spring and rotor to work properly... bought a different 68mm tonight

Quote Originally Posted by pwr2w8 View Post
    By the way what is your compression ratio, if less than 12.5:1 then your wasting your time with the Toda Spec C
    dude... bad topic... leave it in this one but its pretty well answered and justified already:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30153
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    back on topic.. has anyone got dyno sheets of before and after Im & TB installs.. this is turning out to be an informative thread..

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by delsol9000rpms View Post
    ay benson do you mind me asking what was meant by that and why yu changed your mind etc? any further testing?
    Caused we made 127kw on our b16a with that setup. Even though i think we lost midrange torque peak numbers looked good...

CTR pistons with BC spec 3 cams

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    ye ive pulled my IM and Tb off a cupple times before... not that hard of a job its abit uncomfortable though..

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Caused we made 127kw on our b16a with that setup. Even though i think we lost midrange torque peak numbers looked good...

CTR pistons with BC spec 3 cams
    is the 70mm tapered? or im port matched?

i know i ask repetitive questions but you guys change your setup so much i can't keep track what combos you have on lol.. and the answers have changed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Account Disabled Array
    let me edit lol 123kw.. i forgot.. haha

straight 70mm slight ported IM

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    wondering about the ITR thing too... from all accounts on t3h int4rweb... the obx/blox/skunk2 are exact cast replicas of the ITRs in design, plenum volume, runner length and ID.

the main difference is that the aftermarket variants have smaller coolant ports near the TB area to allow for port matching/boring without cutting into the coolant path... therefore only better than ITRs if your getting a TB bigger than the oem ITR.
    skunk 2's intake manifold has improved the 4th runner making it better than a stock itr intake manifold. Don't forget to meter your tps before you remove it, so your idle isnt off. (surging)
    Last edited by Illegal; 17-10-2008 at 06:12 AM.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!