Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Quote Originally Posted by Feverpitched View Post
    Technically speaking, a big fat Harley can be registered as LAMS.
    There's only one model of Harley that is LAMS legal and thats only on the older system used in ACT I don't think they're using that system in melbourne. The new system has a 660cc capacity limit.

I don't think any of the race reps are a good idea as a learner bike, they're bloody cramped have a bad set up for day to day riding and are less forgiving.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Ok, what are you going to do for the second week, after you've learned to ride on the first week?
    i agree with Zdster dude.. very poor "hero attitude" very common to this day with hoon P-platers on road cars.

just because you can drive/ride doesn't mean you can... theres so many aspects on top of actual road rules to a license...

take driving a rwd for example.. sure you can get on your Ps but i can guarantee 100% of new drivers do not know what to do when the rear breaks traction.. they'll slam use brakes coz thats what you do on the car you learn on (fwd)... but that'll swing out the rear more.

look at e240's example on when he flipped... the next time around he knew instinctively how to get around it....

if you keep driving the same route with the same style then you've learned nothing... learning is about being able to adapt to every scenario and situation and variation and deviation... thats where "experience" actually applies... ynless you have super-reflexes.. you won't know how to counter a situation unless you've actually been through it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

agreed there, if you havent been in the situation your most likely gona do the wrong thing, chasing others who have much more skill level that you is dangerous. I remember on my Ls, I chased another L player only to almost get screwed by a big left and a quick right, good thing i was going slower. I hit the braked and panicked, didnt hit anything but it scared the shit out of me. One advice is when you panic its best to accelerate and look where you wana go
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    agreed there, if you havent been in the situation your most likely gona do the wrong thing, chasing others who have much more skill level that you is dangerous. I remember on my Ls, I chased another L player only to almost get screwed by a big left and a quick right, good thing i was going slower. I hit the braked and panicked, didnt hit anything but it scared the shit out of me. One advice is when you panic its best to accelerate and look where you wana go
    that is so true!! was listening to an Anthony Robbins cd once... he said the same thing when he was going on race track training.. even the instructor said it...

"Always look at where you need to be" coz you will always end up where your looking.... and then i also see fully hectic written off cars hitting a light pole... explains a lot huh?
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Honda CB400 vtec

I borrowed one from work this week and was very impressed.

Build quality etc.. better than anything else out there.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    Honda CB400 vtec

I borrowed one from work this week and was very impressed.

Build quality etc.. better than anything else out there.
    more specific?

can't possibly be recommending a bike for learners because you drove one at work and was impressed...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    more specific?

can't possibly be recommending a bike for learners because you drove one at work and was impressed...
    sure i can !

Anyway... to be more specific.

Compared to any of the 250's avail its a lot more stable, better on the freeway and in the wet as well.

Low seat makes it easy to chuck around corners.. good riding position

Vtec engine.. one of smoothest engine I've ever sampled + good power sounds nice.

ABS brakes.. I'd pay the extra money for this option as it works so good.

I just wish we got the Bol D'Or version as well but i would have pushed the price up too much.
    Last edited by S2kane; 07-08-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    I used to have a CBR250RR as my learner bike. I loved it. Loud noisy but it's not until you've owned it for 2 months that you realize it's fkn slow. And makes too much noise for the speed you're actually going.

For a learning bike you are really only looking for one thing. RESALE. Buy a bike others want. I bought mine (black) for $5500 I think. When I sold it 6 months later, TeamMoto came to my place without a few hours of it being up on bikesales for $5900. Obviously they snap up all the good condition (specially black!) cbr250rr's to sell them at their premium.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    what do people think about the Ninja 250R?
    I've heard nothing but great stuff about it.. and resale value seems good too

can get a new one for around $7200-7400 (about 2 months wait) and saw a few secondhands sold for more than $7500 (some people just can't wait)

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    My opinion, don't buy new. You're basically getting a GPX/ZZR with new plastics attached. Essentially the same parallel twin motor thats been used in the GPX/ZZR since time memorial.

If you haven't grasped the gist of the advice given then I'll say it out again. Buy second hand, buy something old yet reliable, and buy something that you won't mind laying on its side. Learn to ride for a year or so, and then palm it off to the next learner. It's a cycle that should benefit everyone...
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Feverpitched View Post
    My opinion, don't buy new. You're basically getting a GPX/ZZR with new plastics attached. Essentially the same parallel twin motor thats been used in the GPX/ZZR since time memorial.

If you haven't grasped the gist of the advice given then I'll say it out again. Buy second hand, buy something old yet reliable, and buy something that you won't mind laying on its side. Learn to ride for a year or so, and then palm it off to the next learner. It's a cycle that should benefit everyone...
    Agree 10000000000000000000%.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    So you think you will have learnt everything you ever need to know about riding a bike in a week (or even a year) do you?
    ROFL amen.
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.