Threaded View

Should have gone with the Accord

About 10 months ago it was time to buy the next car. The aim was to upgrade from my Holden VX executive to something nicer. Leather interior and climate control was a must. I test drove many cars. It was between an 08 Accord and a 2003 Holden WK Caprice (top of the range). The Accord was about $40k and the Caprice $25,000 (but market price about $30k), we got a good deal... at least I thought so.

The Caprice is giving me grief. First it developed a stirring shake at Freeway speeds. Now the steering is shuddering when breaking. The've tried and tried to fix it. Last weekend the factory sat nav died and the week before the central locking on one of the doors went. The car also thinks there is an incoming call each time I switch it off but no phone connector is connected!!!

Anyways, now that I've introduced myself... Hello for WA

I'm thining I should have gone the extra money and bought the Honda. My wife didnt want to spend the extra dollars but now wishing we had also.

I'm considering (need to think about this long and hard) of breaking the lease and trading to the Accord VTI-L. Only thing is going from a V8 to a 4-cylinder could be kinda daunting. I'm by no means a lead foot but like to have a bit of power when overtaking.

That leads to my first questions; does anyone know the 0-100kmh seconds for the VTI-L? Cant find it on Honda.com.au or Redbook.com.au
    Its been so long that I test drove the VTI-L. What do the all the 4 Cylinder accords owners think... underpowered? Just right? Good for a 4-cylinder?
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 07-09-2009 at 10:38 AM.