Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    ...make sure the voltage's we are looking for are 0.48-0.49V closed throttle and 4.5V Wide Open Throttle ...
    Checked mine (CB7 Accord).

WOT was 4.52v, closed throttle was only 0.44v. Now, the WOT number suggested that the TPS was correctly adjusted (i.e. TPS rotation relative to throttle plate), but that the throttle stop was probably slightly worn allowing the throttle plate to close slightly more than it's supposed to do (throttle stop contact being a probable wear point over an extended period of time).

To raise the closed throttle voltage (since it seemed probable that the TPS was already correctly positioned), rather than attempt to rotate the TPS relative to the throttle plate (which would bring the closed throttle into spec but at the expense of throwing off the WOT voltage), I adjusted the throttle stop slightly until the closed throttle number rose to 0.5v.

This was maybe half a turn or less on the adjuster. I'm not sure exactly because turning the adjuster screw was rather awkward, but it wasn't much. I now have; closed throttle = 0.5v and WOT = 4.52v. This opened the throtle plate a touch which raised the base idle by about 100rpm, which I readjusted by closing the idle speed screw slightly.

Since then I've only had the chance to drive the car with a load full of passengers (which isn't normal operating conditions for this car), so (being conscious of possible placebo effects) I'm not 100% sure but impressions so far are that low rpm / light throttle torque seems to be significantly improved (I'll know better after some driver only time).

This seems most noticable when taking off from rest, appearing to require less clutch slippage with the engine feeling more 'muscular' at low rpm / light throttle opening. There also seems to be some improvement to throttle response when 'blipping' for 'rev matching' on downshift.
    Last edited by JohnL; 28-09-2009 at 08:57 AM.