Hi everyone!

First things first, let me tell you the story so far. Read in a Morgan Freeman or David Attenborough voice to dull the stress, contempt, anger you might feel via my projection of this tale...

So I bought a 2005 EP3 in CW from a reputable dealership in Syd late Dec 2012. The car was put on a truck on the 2nd Jan to begin it's trip up to Darwin - This transport company charged $2000. It arrived in Bris the following day then sat there for 3 weeks.

After waiting for 2 weeks I called the transport company to ask why it was sitting there and was told "there's no trucks going up to Darwin at the moment". "OK", I said and continued to wait. The due date for arrival was 23rd Jan and when I noticed the tracking information hadn't updated to "in transit" (from Bris to Darwin) on 21st (it takes around 3 days to drive to Darwin) I called again - this time I was a bit firmer with my words while remaining calm, polite and friendly. This time I was told "there are too many cars going up to Darwin and we don't have enough trucks". So I've been told 2 difference stories by the transport company. A few hours later I get a call saying the car is on a truck and heading up to Darwin - co-incidental after my phone call?

23rd Jan arrives and no car - I call again and I'm told "the driver has had difficulties with the trailer unloaded cars. Updated ETA is 26th - Australia Day long weekend.....sigh...

I call on Tuesday 29th Jan in the morning and I'm told "your car is here and will be ready for pick-up at 2pm". HOORAY!....nek minit...I get a call at 130pm "I'm very sorry but we've just noticed that the rear window has been smashed. It's completely destroyed and in pieces". So my car arrived there over the weekend, the rear window had been smashed during transport and no one reported it to be forwarded onto me? They're going to pay for it to be fixed, as they should.

I grew up in Darwin and know how pathetic the customer service is up here. It's the result of no competition. I was constantly on the phone with the TC to get results. Things were moving so slow, "we're waiting on windscreens O'Brien to find a window", "Windscreens O'Brien can't source a window and are now waiting for Honda Australia to get back to them"...waiting for Honda Australia!??!?! I had to take action!!! I called the dealership and they sourced a window within hours. I passed on the info and the window has been ordered and on it's way to Darwin as of yesterday - Friday 1st Feb.

THEN I take the car to the MVR to get it rego'd. The pit inspectors fail the car for HID globes. Sigh... I call the dealer and they've sent a kit to convert to Halogen. They've given me 1 month rego - the time frame I have to get everything fixed.

At this point, do you think my frustration is warranted?

I drive the car home and the aircon cuts in and out! - "are you kidding me"?!?!? If you know anything about Darwin it's HOT and HUMID this time of year. I pretty much begin to cook in the car! Now I have to take the car to an auto-electrician at the dealer's expense. I NEED air-conditioning in the car.

End rant.

Now - Can anyone please help me with the aircon? What I've noticed so far about the cutting in and out problem:

• The aircon sometimes runs fine as soon as I start the car
  • I had the gas checked. It was low so was topped up. Can rule out a gas issue???
  • The compressor works but cuts in and out - usually a rev can get it going again but not every time. Also, sometimes when it works it works very poorly and the air is only slightly cool...nowhere near cold.

Please, please, please...has someone had this problem with their EP3? I'm hoping it's just a minor electrical problem and nothing needs replacing...but knowing my luck with this experience so far, that won't be the case.

So, as a pre-emptive - is the aircon compressor from a DC5R compatible with the EP3R?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!