Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    carmella stinks!

18s? too small y0! ahahaha

nah i suggest you get coilovers too... Theres a set of Racing Logic Coilovers going for around $1350 from my mates performance shop. Let me know if your interested we can go there.. The good thing about the Racing Logic ones are that they have dual adjust, meaning you can adjust the height (not preferable) and also adjust the height from the body of the coilover (suitable). Doing that, it won't sacrifice the ride height of the spring and won't feel as harsh when going over bumps etc.
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've got a Euro dropped on 18's

I orginally got it lowered at Ozzytyres on Kmac Springs, 2.5 at the front and 2 at the rear.

..........Ive never regretted anything more, im in the process of buying Tein SS coilovers for it now and i recomend you do the same, maybe not Tein SS but go for coilovers.
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by _CiVIC_ View Post
    carmella stinks!

18s? too small y0! ahahaha

nah i suggest you get coilovers too... Theres a set of Racing Logic Coilovers going for around $1350 from my mates performance shop. Let me know if your interested we can go there.. The good thing about the Racing Logic ones are that they have dual adjust, meaning you can adjust the height (not preferable) and also adjust the height from the body of the coilover (suitable). Doing that, it won't sacrifice the ride height of the spring and won't feel as harsh when going over bumps etc.
    I may be wrong, but isnt that the same set up as the Tein Flex? If so, isnt that illegal?
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Why would it be illegal?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Why would it be illegal?
    beucase everything is illegal these days.

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista View Post
    I may be wrong, but isnt that the same set up as the Tein Flex? If so, isnt that illegal?
    Why would it be illegal?

I think it should be illegal to lower a car on springs... as the travelling distance of the standard shock is decreased which could cause your standard shock to cease and lead to all kinds of things..
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Why would it be illegal?
    Something about not being allowed to play with the upper mount hence making the SS legal because you can only play with the lower mounts or something..im sure i've heard it being said on these boards before.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista View Post
    Something about not being allowed to play with the upper mount hence making the SS legal because you can only play with the lower mounts or something..im sure i've heard it being said on these boards before.
    SS adjusts using the lower spring perch, while Flex uses the coilover body length. I'd prefer to adjust the actual length of the coilover body rather than the lower spring perch.
    Last edited by aaronng; 05-01-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

someone on another thread said u can get SS for $1300.. which is a ridiculous price that i have not been able to match atm.

but at that money u may aswell get coilovers unless u only intend to lower the car by under 1.5 inches.... in which case lowered springs will not destroy your shocks.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    someone on another thread said u can get SS for $1300.. which is a ridiculous price that i have not been able to match atm.
    You can find it easily online from the USA for around $1150 AUD (Tein basic only $900) - eg ww.tsxparts.com . As a guide for shipping - I recently shipped 20kg from the USA by sea with USPS (took about 8 weeks) and it cost $95AUD. So $1300 is achievable. Coilovers weigh about 20kg.

Note customs might want you to pay GST - I am not sure as never had to pay duty.
    Last edited by yfin; 06-01-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Max-Hondapower is offering them for roughly that price, contact him!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Can someone clarify in relation to the Tein SS -- is it true that there is an Australian specific version? I think I remember reading some vendor saying that they sell kits that have been redeveloped for Australian roads (not sure what the differences are).

edit... found it..

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au...uspension.html