Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    hehe I had heaps of fun tho it was harder than i thought - ran full interior and 36psi up front (running as the car would be on the street) and kept forgetting to turn traction control off which stuffed a couple of my runs. my best time with it off for the night was:

60ft 2.415
    330ft
    660ft
    m.p.h
    k.p.h
    1000ft
    E.T.
    M.p.h
    k.p.h
    over/under
    Air 30deg Track 36deg 58%H

was a very balmy night and i still have 0 skills - hoping for low fifteens next time lol

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    You've been talking about doin drag racing few years back.
    Take your EG down the 1/4 mile trav
    u know it man, but snap is right, smashed oem engine mount.

billets on will be on in 2weeks, then im there

up ur jumper
    oh wrd!

I'm pissed i didn't get there hey.

But the arvo wasn't a total waste. i got some stuff done.

Count me in for next time boys.

J

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    I had heaps of fun hanging out with you guys and watching everyone have a great time...Unfortunately for me, i suck...or my car does...either way...very disapointed in how i ran.

EG hatch with b18cr
    stripped interior everything behind front seats GOOOONE
    Mugen headers and intake

and the excuses:
    17's...(shitty tyres)
    shitty tune (In my opinion - ie. best trap of 94mph )
    and gheybo bodykit!!

Best time was an agonising 15.010 @ 90 or 92 mph (can't remember) with a 2.2 60ft.

On the way home i thought to myself...why was i dumping the clutch. I was telling Dave minutes before my run...ease out on the clutch and you'll be sweet...Don't know if he took my advice but i sure as hell should have...lol

Its just the pressure man.

you just need to concentrate on your run and listen to your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Its just the pressure man.

you just need to concentrate on your run and listen to your car.
    yeah but the thing is...i wasn't all that nervous...i have been to the track quite a few times...Every run (about 6 in total) was driven the same way...maybe launching slightly differently...ie 3k...3.5k...4k

Also...hard to listen to your car when the helmet muffles everything But i agree...i think i need to learn my car a bit better...

Finally found my fuel cut off...8700...tried to hold on gear a couple times...hit cutoff only slightly, but killed my run! 3rd to 4th was a real bummer! drops revs too much going into 4th...and yes...4th!!!

Damn man, sounds like the car's got potential.

A few more runs and you'll settle in.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1 Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by zel05 View Post
    yeah but the thing is...i wasn't all that nervous...i have been to the track quite a few times...Every run (about 6 in total) was driven the same way...maybe launching slightly differently...ie 3k...3.5k...4k

Also...hard to listen to your car when the helmet muffles everything But i agree...i think i need to learn my car a bit better...

Finally found my fuel cut off...8700...tried to hold on gear a couple times...hit cutoff only slightly, but killed my run! 3rd to 4th was a real bummer! drops revs too much going into 4th...and yes...4th!!!
    hahaha i know how you feel, i was told to run out 3rd but when i did i hit limiter rofl i wouldnt stress about too much, im just gonna have to go back out and get a better time... plus work on my driving skills
    you keen to hit it up again? i sure am

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    when its cooler we should head back out, and when my car is fixed lol
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    MkV R32
    I am keen to go back out when i have a few of my issues sorted out...

Having said that...i will most likely come back out sooner then that as i really wanted to get atleast a 14!!

Let the weather cool down a bit me thinks...Saturday was the worst day of the weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EM1 Civic VTi-R
    haha yeah, once its winter out comes my AC LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Micko View Post
    hahaha i know how you feel, i was told to run out 3rd but when i did i hit limiter rofl i wouldnt stress about too much, im just gonna have to go back out and get a better time... plus work on my driving skills
    you keen to hit it up again? i sure am
    Yea i was having the same problem had to shift into 4th just at the line a real pain in the but. On a good day with some improved driving i think we should both be capable of low 15's

i couldnt believe how balmy/humid it was i was dripping with sweat even at 9pm!