Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro or GTi ???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    $50K for a hatch is too much. Hmm I don't think 3 door Golf GTI / R32 sold here...the 5 door version I see on the road so far.
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    $50K for a hatch is too much. Hmm I don't think 3 door Golf GTI / R32 sold here...the 5 door version I see on the road so far.
    The 3 door is sold here. It's on VW Australia's price list.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    I have seen couple in melbourne CBD area with recaro option. It's damn hot hatch.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro..now '06 VW GTI
    Yep...we got the first shipment of 3 door GTI in Nov last yr and I hear they are all gone-skiis... and we've always had the 3 door R32.

I mighta considered the 3 door if I had the option at the time, but I didn't.. thank gawd coz it would've make my decision when purchasing harder... I do like the convenience of having rear passenger doors and I dont have those ugly handles on the side of the headrests. 3 door = looks good, 5 door = practical... hmm can't win!
    Where have you been all my life...... and why didn't you stay there!?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 2004 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you don't get painted bumpers, they are matte black like those cheap cars. Eventually the sun will make the plastic turn grey and look ugly. Ask the dealer for body coloured bumpers if possible.
    I'm totally agreed, i'm always told passenger when i saw one on road, just can't imagine why pay so much money without painted at rear bumper, look crap from the back...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by btchia View Post
    I'm totally agreed, i'm always told passenger when i saw one on road, just can't imagine why pay so much money without painted at rear bumper, look crap from the back...
    $50k for a car without painted bumpers!!!WTF!They've got to be kidding.

Was seriously looking to a GTi 5 door DSG before I bought the Euro. In the end the options killed the deal on the GTI. Leather + DSG alone took driveaway price to 50k+ with the salesman claiming only a few hundred to budge because if we don't buy it, someone else will. To get Sunroof, Xenon, Sat nav would've taken it to 58k - past RRP of a R32! That's easily 10k+ more than a Euro Lux + nav. If I wanted to spend that much over 50k, I'd have a top spec MY07 3.0 liberty to consider. Plus Euro is Made in Japan, GTi is made in South Africa.

All just made the Euro an easy decision.

GTi is a great all rounder, and DSG is awesome, but features/options/pricing kills it as a deal. Fully loaded for 45k I could stomach. But nearly 60k? you gotta be kidding.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by itr025 View Post
    Was seriously looking to a GTi 5 door DSG before I bought the Euro. In the end the options killed the deal on the GTI. Leather + DSG alone took driveaway price to 50k+ with the salesman claiming only a few hundred to budge because if we don't buy it, someone else will. To get Sunroof, Xenon, Sat nav would've taken it to 58k - past RRP of a R32! That's easily 10k+ more than a Euro Lux + nav. If I wanted to spend that much over 50k, I'd have a top spec MY07 3.0 liberty to consider. Plus Euro is Made in Japan, GTi is made in South Africa.

All just made the Euro an easy decision.

GTi is a great all rounder, and DSG is awesome, but features/options/pricing kills it as a deal. Fully loaded for 45k I could stomach. But nearly 60k? you gotta be kidding.
    exactly the point i was talking about...i priced one up and walked away shaking my head.it's good but not that good.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I saw a red one with the unpainted red bumper today........
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Unpainted bumpers in this day and age,what a joke.Next they'll want to charge you for the air in the tyres!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    the only reason i can think them not painting them from the get go is when i lived in Europe for a while not all the locals who park there cars on the street used there park brake (I thought maybe because of freezing temp's at night so it wouldn't be stuck in the morning) basically but if its a tight squeeze into a parallel parking spot they don't mind bumping bumpers to fit in its only reason i can think of not have bumpers painted i was totally shocked i saw this for the 1st time in Amsterdam it was like totally accepted as the norm or the latter being VW are cheap asses as one would think something like this should be standard on a 40k car.

Check out this park:

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/471

But how the hell would you get out of the spot!?!
    Last edited by as001; 23-02-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    i think the parking is one point but ive spoken to ppl who actually like the contrast on the bumpers........ hmm.......