Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2007 Crv

Quote Originally Posted by nexace View Post
    Replace his 2006 Rav4? Is there something about it he didn't like or ?
    He currently has a 5spd Rav4. He's 50+...& getting a bit tired of lugging the manual in stopNgo traffic everyday.

Before we set out, we originally had our mind set on the CRV. But after all was said and done, it was too pricey for what it offers. No discounts as of yet (good for resale I suppose).

We had a look at all 4 in Auto version: Rav4 CruiserL, CX7 lux, CRV lux, Captiva LX.

We were sold by the Captiva LX. The CRV and Rav4 are just too lethargic in their Auto version (& have far less amenities compared to the Captiva for the same $$$). The Mazda was the runner up as my old man didn't like the exterior styling, harsh suspension, interior space, visibility, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    I see..

Thanks for the imformative information!

We haven't driven the new CRV yet and the main issues regarding the front bumper styling and being built in Thailand doesn't bother me at all. But given that there's a new model Odyssey available overseas, we might hang out for one of the current models at discontinued pricing later this year. The new model Odyssey is not very nice at all IMO.

I see..

We haven't driven the new CRV yet and the main issues regarding the front bumper styling and being built in Thailand doesn't bother me at all. But given that there's a new model Odyssey available overseas, we might hang out for one of the current models at discontinued pricing later this year. The new model Odyssey is not very nice at all IMO.
    The CRV is not a bad car at all, it just doesn't offer as much incentive in terms of value for money + slow auto IMO. The interior of the new CRV is very nice, the leather felt good and the ergonomics were great. The build quality is good (Thai built is not an issue for me either, it's still a Honda).

It feels much heavier and more solid on the road compared to the previous generation. Transmission was very smooth too, dash info and guages are easy and clear to read. Driver seat position was comfy, although the side arm rests on the passenger side were cut short IMO. Road noise levels were low and the spare is inside the boot under the false floor (secure). Visibilty is alright and handling is more car like than the other soft roaders compared.

Honda seems to have designed the new CRV as more of an urban get-about (makes sense since hardly anyone with an suv or soft roader goes serious off-roading with it). It's more suited to the black-top now (<-makes sense?). Get one in black and you're all set .

Oh and I think the new Odyssey you're referring to is only for the North American market, but I could be wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    a nice mini review indeed!

and yes we wont be getting that odyssey!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    lol but i do love the new CX7 turbo luxury! id take that over the captiva!

but i dont think the crv is up there with the CX7 with apples to apples but its kinda close!
    CX7 standard around $45k lux 50k turbo 4cl
    CRV lux 46k 2.4 n/a 4cyl

Or wait for the V6 Rav4 due in a few months time.
    A 3.5L V6 Lexus engine running on plain unleaded with 200 kW on a 1630 kg body gives a power to weight ratio of 123 W/kg.
    And this surely must be the most powerful compact SUV in the market!

I see..

With 80% of all Honda vehicles sold last year in Australia coming from Thailand, there's definitely no choice for Honda afficionados.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    please hondarox what do u drive i really want to know
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    i have driven the new CRV and we are seriously looking at them. They drive better than i expected (I have a modded Euro) have more than enough features to make them a great family car and i cant see any issues with build quality - (as good as the euro) My 2 cents...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Accord Euro
    Corollas are from Sth Africa and that doesn't seem to affect its sales, so I don't think being from Thailand affects Civic or CRV sales. But still, as a personal choice, I wouldn't buy a made in Thailand car. So I guess my next Honda can only be a Legend, or another Euro if its still built in Japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    sigh it's still a HONDA even if it is made in Thailand. Some great examples of quality built Honda's from Thailand is the accord V6

Quote Originally Posted by LT178 View Post
    Corollas are from Sth Africa and that doesn't seem to affect its sales, so I don't think being from Thailand affects Civic or CRV sales. But still, as a personal choice, I wouldn't buy a made in Thailand car. So I guess my next Honda can only be a Legend, or another Euro if its still built in Japan.
    No, the current Corolla are all from Japan. Perhaps that's the reason why the Corolla and Mazda3 are outselling the Civic.
    A few years ago, the hatchback used to be from South Africa and wasn't popular.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice_4_life View Post
    why does Thailand have such a bad rep? Not all the Honda's that come out of Thailand are bad.
    Too right! They only forget to put in boot linings and the right size drivers windows. Alright I'm joking.

The new CRV is phat! I love it. And the Mugen one looks tough HAHA.