Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux

Whiteline Swaybar for VTi-R with ITR LCA's

Hey all,

I have a 98’ Integra VTi-R and i’m planning to fit ITR shocks with the mandatory ITR LCA’s. My question is… if I were to get a rear sway bar from Whiteline would I need to order one for a VTi-R or ITR as I will have ITR LCA’s fitted.

Cheers,

Rik

get the VTiR swaybar. It will fit all the same.

IF you have a ITR then you need the ITR replacement bar , as the reinforcement location is slightly different

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    cool thanks for the confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    get the VTiR swaybar. It will fit all the same.

IF you have a ITR then you need the ITR replacement bar , as the reinforcement location is slightly different

Are you sure Ben?

Whiteline lists the DC2R and DC2 swaybars as the same part numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly View Post
    Are you sure Ben?

strange , since the DC2 bar = EG = DC4 bar too , and its only 22mm thick. (20/22mm adjustable)
    AFAIK the DC2R comes with a 24mm upgrade option ?

Anyway , as the original question was , get the VTiR optional bar and reinforcement to suit

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly View Post
    Are you sure Ben?

front are same part number, rears are different. VITR are 18,20 and 22mm
    type r is 24mm
    WHAT IS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    Hey guys,

I had the rear ITR shocks with Eibach springs installed on my car this weekend along with a Whiteline 22m swaybar. Lots of improvements noticed but there seems to be a noise coming from the rear of the car when I’m driving… it sounds like metal hitting metal sound. I had a quick look underneath the car and the new rear swaybar is sitting very close to the LCA’s. And this looks like the issue… everything else looks like it’s been bolted on tightly.

Has anyone else out there installed ITR LCA’s on a non Type-R teg with a whiteline rear swaybar? If so did you experience the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by rikstar View Post
    Has anyone else out there installed ITR LCA’s on a non Type-R teg with a whiteline rear swaybar? If so did you experience the same issue?

I have ITR LCA's on a EG - and the LCA's are the same bush dimensions as stock. BUT the ITR LCA is thicker than the stock LCA ( double sided rather than single cast metal)
    I have seen this issue before - the issue you are having is the swaybar hitting the LCA.
    It can be rectified by either replacing the swaybar with a slightly redesigned one , or replace the LCA (and rear suspension) with the stock one.
    It hits , because this swaybar wasnt designed for the ITR LCA dimensions.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 20-03-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I have ITR LCA's on a EG - and the LCA's are the same bush dimensions as stock. BUT the ITR LCA is thicker than the stock LCA ( double sided rather than single cast metal)
    I have seen this issue before - the issue you are having is the swaybar hitting the LCA.
    It can be rectified by either replacing the swaybar with a slightly redesigned one , or replace the LCA (and rear suspension) with the stock one.
    It hits , because this swaybar wasnt designed for the ITR LCA dimensions.
    pardon my ignorance but if you knew there were issues with this setup why didn't warn the guy in your first post before he went and installed it. Not having a dig at you or anything but noobs like me need all the help we can get.

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    well being a n00b, it woulda helped to search the topic of whiteline swaybars

anyway, the swaybar hitting the rear LCA's is one of the most common problems most integra owners, among others, experience. If its not the LCA's its usually the exhaust if its a modified exhaust.
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com

Quote Originally Posted by VeeTec View Post
    pardon my ignorance but if you knew there were issues with this setup why didn't warn the guy in your first post before he went and installed it. Not having a dig at you or anything but noobs like me need all the help we can get.
    the kid asked if to get ITR or vtir bar.
    I knew there has been issues with these bars and ITR rear LCA's. Not with my own setup , but it has been the case with a few people. And now i have added info to what is most likely the problem.

Rikstar I'm pretty sure that tinkerbell has a whiteline ITR rear sway on his vtir. Perhaps pm him and see if he has any problems.
    blah blah blah