Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car

How much would a 1992 LS intega weigh

I'm sure this is a basic question for you guys, I'm just wondering how much a standard 1992 LS integra would weigh. I currently hill climb and circuit race a 1988 CRX which i have got down to around 900kg with out taking to much out. Friends of mine are trying to get me to get a sadan or integra 2 door, because they think it would handle better with the longer wheel base???

By the way i'll be racing at stanthorpe this weekend in the sprint series, there will also be circuit racing on at the same event if anyone is keen to come and have a look ,its the first time i've been there. Entrys closed last week so you won't be able to race, but from what i have heard its good to watch.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    1122kg from memory.

Newcomer Array
    I think around 1120-1160kg.

EDIT: beat me to it ^^^

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    thats a bit heavier than i would have thought, any idea what you would be able to get them down to??

stick with the crx..
    power to weight and balance is better..

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by aus91integra View Post
    stick with the crx..
    power to weight and balance is better..
    Yeah thats what i think to, but when you are cornering fast on the track, the CRX is really twitchy. i"m just wondering if a integra would corner better?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    I really like the look of the 92 integras and i think they would have a bit more engine space for a b18c. My b16a hits the bonnet of the CRX as it is hehe. I don't think a b18c would get in there...

I think you guys will find the actual weight of the DA chassis is considerably less than what the manual says.

I weight mine about a year ago at a local weighbridge and it came in at 1060kg +/- 10kg. This is without powersteering or airconditioning, but retaining the spare tyre, and had around 10litres of fuel. A generous estimate of what i'd removed at the time would be 15-20kg. Can't remember what rims I had on at the time but they would have been either heavy 14's or heavy 15's (as in at least 7kg per rim alone)

Along with more than 10inches of wheelbase you'll also get a whopping 3 inches more track!

You'd be doing well to get it under 1000kg. Light wheels, small battery, lack of interior - i'm sure you know the drill

VTEC heads come extremely close to hitting the bonnet on the DA integra. When I had my LSVTEC in there I honestly could not believe the bonnet would even close, from side on it looks incredibly high (shame I can't find a photo).
    Last edited by string; 16-05-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    The rear definately seems more stable through corners than the honda hatchbacks.Coming from an ek hatch I noticed it pretty easily.
    Also if you get clearance issues with engine you could look into an aftermarket bonnet which also shaves weight.DA bonnets weigh a tonne.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    I think you guys will find the actual weight of the DA chassis is considerably less than what the manual says.

I weight mine about a year ago at a local weighbridge and it came in at 1060kg +/- 10kg. This is without powersteering or airconditioning, but retaining the spare tyre, and had around 10litres of fuel. A generous estimate of what i'd removed at the time would be 15-20kg.

What are the rules for the class you are racing in? What motor is in your crx? If it's the standard little beast then I think it might definately be worth it for the upgrade to the much more capable 1.8's.

Along with more than 10inches of wheelbase you'll also get a whopping 3 inches more track!

You'd be doing well to get it under 1000kg. Light wheels, small battery, lack of interior - i'm sure you know the drill

VTEC heads come extremely close to hitting the bonnet on the DA integra. When I had my LSVTEC in there I honestly could not believe the bonnet would even close, from side on it looks incredibly high (shame I can't find a photo).

Yeah thanks mate that what i would have quessed the weight would have been around. The CRX now has a JDM B16A with a micro-tec, its a very fueled up tune, it did a 14.8 at the drags but i have never had it dynoed..

when i weighed it, it had a zc 1600 (which are a much smaller engine i think the weight difference between those 2 engine would be a bit by itself) the pasenger set, spare tyre, and a bit of the interier was out, and it had about 3/4 of a tank of fuel...

I race in improved production.. in NSW it has to be the same as when you drive it on the road minus spare tyres and things that move around,

In qld they put me in with all the full race cars that are under 1600..

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    The rear definately seems more stable through corners than the honda hatchbacks.Coming from an ek hatch I noticed it pretty easily.
    Also if you get clearance issues with engine you could look into an aftermarket bonnet which also shaves weight.DA bonnets weigh a tonne.
    yeah thats what a few people are staring to say to me, the rear of my car moves around alot, people have suggested putting a little bit of toe in on the back and things like that for my car.. but i don't know to much about the finer little suspension details like that

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    If your permitted how about a t-wing?I know they look ridiculous on the st but a mate of mine swears they help fwd's grip better in the rear.