Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    SHIT BOX
    Quote Originally Posted by hondavti25 View Post
    lol yes that makes sences doesnt it that because a car is in the US its quicker then an Aus car... lol so what if i take my car to the US it automaticaly becomes quicker lol ok man good come back with that one aye lol if you guys dont like D dont read it
    they wont let u drive your car there to so it makes u slower.....
    WHY WASTE MONEY ON 10k BUILDS WHEN A STOCK MOTOR CAN RUN THAT TIME.......

lol yes that makes sences doesnt it that because a car is in the US its quicker then an Aus car... lol so what if i take my car to the US it automaticaly becomes quicker lol ok man good come back with that one aye lol if you guys dont like D dont read it
    i dont understand? obvisouly over there they've spent a SHIT load of money....if u want to spend your life savings goo ahead do your d series up...i never said there was anything wrong with that...facts is facts if D series was such an awesome engine why the hell did honda make the B series then the K series? why isnt the D series in the TYPE R's? soo much potential.......its okay if u have a D series i used to have one as well i understand why your angry!

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    i dont understand? obvisouly over there they've spent a SHIT load of money....if u want to spend your life savings goo ahead do your d series up...i never said there was anything wrong with that...facts is facts if D series was such an awesome engine why the hell did honda make the B series then the K series? why isnt the D series in the TYPE R's? soo much potential.......its okay if u have a D series i used to have one as well i understand why your angry!
    are you guys all just stupid ... no one said they where better... at all they said they have potential and the point was for the money a person who owns a D COULD spend on a B convert would get a better gain spending the money on a turbo kit... and you cant argue with that coz its a fact... BUT if you OWN a b you wouldnt convert to a D so all you tools that are coming up with this stuff about people saying that Ds are better then Bs etc learn to read what is being said this hole thread was ment to be showing people what a D CAN do i think thats a fair point.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    omg, you're a complete dick. i think you have retard issues if you don't understand what i said in the earlier post.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

me the complete dick your the one that comes on bad mouthing when not a soul said to any one that a B was bad or better then a D get over it you clowns argue about somthing important rather then my B is better then your D GROW UP

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    i think we need some ice in here .. lol

either B or D they are a respected engine. in many views. both are engineered by HONDA and they are made for a purpose!!
    Last edited by 040501912; 04-06-2007 at 12:15 AM.
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    me the complete dick your the one that comes on bad mouthing when not a soul said to any one that a B was bad or better then a D get over it you clowns argue about somthing important rather then my B is better then your D GROW UP
    then y bother get involuved for then? especially when you know shit all about honda and it's motors. And the whole point of this thread was to show how awsome the D-series Turbo is, and i'm dissagreeing posting arguments.

Unlike you just posting useless rubbish.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

are you guys all just stupid ... no one said they where better... at all they said they have potential and the point was for the money a person who owns a D COULD spend on a B convert would get a better gain spending the money on a turbo kit... and you cant argue with that coz its a fact... BUT if you OWN a b you wouldnt convert to a D so all you tools that are coming up with this stuff about people saying that Ds are better then Bs etc learn to read what is being said this hole thread was ment to be showing people what a D CAN do i think thats a fair point.
    you must be getting ripped off if you think its cheaper to Turbo a D series correctly then swap to a b......sure if u only buy a second hand turbo kit without internals, computer, tuning...it can be cheaper...but your car wont run very well will it...D series does not have that much potential...or else u would have seen alot more around.....fact is fact...stop denying the facts

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    How can you turbo a D series be cheaper then a B16a conversion?

Member Array
    Car:
    90-POV
    yeh bro ur tha complete dick, u got that right
    Last edited by 90-POV; 04-06-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    Ok I have been staying out of this for a few pages now as it seems it has taken a turn for the worst and gone off topic but I wanted to post this. It is pretty simple to know that compared to other Honda engines D series is the baby and yes any other turboed Honda engine would in most cases work better then a turboed D and produce better results. When I was first looking at doing the engine on my civic I had decided on a budget of 5000$. With this target in mind I went out and looked at my options and I to came down the B series vs turboed D dilemma. Now with this budget I could have easily thrown in a B series, but with this and my budget a B series just wouldn’t produce the power I was looking for (not saying B series in NA form are slow, and I know there are a lot out there running awesome times, however most of these do run stripped interiors and I just simply wish to keep my interior intacked, this is my own choice and I have nothing against people who do strip, so in saying this if I wasn’t going to strip I needed more power going by the old weight vs power rule). So for me and my budget a turboed d seemed to be the best choice. With this budget and now knowing my direction I went out and researched what I could get, I kind of realised important things to go on the turbo set up with ecu, injectors, decent exhaust, ect. Now with spending the money on these and the turbo parts to get it going my budget nearly vanished which made me conclude that I wasn’t going to have the money to do up the internals on my d series. This decision means I could not get massive power and run massive boost into my engine. Therefore limiting my engine to around 250hp atw as seems to be the limit for a stock block turboed d. now 250hp in a civic isn’t that bad at all so I wasn’t to fused with this. I don’t plan to keep this car forever but in the time I have it I want it to be as fun as possible (yes I do have fun driving a turboed d). So with the parts now figured out I went out and put it all together. With the parts I have I don’t believe I will hit the 250hp mark (gets dynoed this weekend) but as we all know we can only go as fast as we can afford, and I simply cannot afford to spend anymore money engine wise on this car. My car isnt a drag or track car. it is a daily driver that i can have fun in and occassional show. However with what I have spent I am very happy with the results I am seeing, I can defiantly see where the money has went and i am very happy i decided to go on this path, as i said this was the best hp gain i could get in the money i was willing to spend and i dont intend to upgrade the engine any further ON THIS CAR. but if i was rich i wouldnt be driving a d. as quoted from before u only go as fast as u can afford.

now this reply isnt meant to cuase arguements it is just to show others what motives people might have to do a d over another honda engine. value for money, thats all it is.

(ps i reacon it was better first time i typed it, haha my net fudged up which made me loose it had to retype)
    Last edited by Aza; 04-06-2007 at 08:20 AM.

Account Disabled Array
    What a cool thread to read. haha keeps me entertain.

All i can say is, B-series at the end of the day has more potential and cost in the long run will be less.

Take for example our B20 hybrid set-up. Its currently running 13.4 @103 MPH for an untuned motor. This basic set-up wont set you back a huge amount, as it only cost us roughly 6k to build up the engine. How much money would you have to used for a turbo D-series to get to this 1/4 mile time? Many would find it hard to even reach this time. Wait until we get this motor tuned, then we are talking 12's which will be a completely different story .

Besides 1/4mile, have any turbo d-series seen the circuit/track racing? How reliable are they? Can they sustain an entire day of constant torture?