Page 59 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Ooh k.. I just saw the tread patterns. Looks like the C.Drive desigen, split different groove design. Outside half looks like their RE01R..
    Last edited by SLOWEGG; 03-06-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by revNhevN View Post
    Great find revNhevN! Thanks for the pdf.

I might have to cancel my order with Bob Jane if they won't reduce the price closer to $129.

The BTCs in Perth give you an additional $5 a tyre discount if you are a member of the RAC here.

$129 is incredibly cheap for a 195/50R15, normally that won't even get you the premium 185/60R14 such as the C drive. Even the Firehawk wide ovals would retail for more than that at the BTCs.

Obviously Bridgestone is very aggressive with the Adrenalin launch and they intend to dominate the market with head office support in Japan ( being wholly owned by Bridgestone Japan as of May 07 might have something to do with that ). They are basically selling a top line max performance tyres at similar or cheaper prices than 2nd tier brands. That would give the other chains something to think about; esp the best prices of Bridgestone tyres are mostly found at own tyre centres.

They even sponsored the Autosalon S15 purposely built monster drift car, which is quite unprecedented for them to get in touch with the aftermarket tuner market here in Au. Previously they only got involved in motorpsort at national touring cars level but they now see a future in selling lots of tyres to the youth market.

It remains to be seen if they would keep the price the same or jack the prices up once there is enough market penetration. When the BF goodrich's then new range of G force sport tyres were new I paid $129 for the 195/50/15 size and now they are $150 from the same Bob Jane shop.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by civic_mods View Post
    remember to give us a review after u hv it fitted
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    How good are the RE001? Compared to G3s, T1R, cdrives etc..
    The RE001 would be in the same league as the Yokohmama S drive instead of the C drive, judging by the heavily treaded pattern and product placement in their range. BRG aust say the RE001 replaces the G3 and the S03 which would seem logical for them to say; but I would say the re001 is more mass market than the $$$ S03 and is the sucessor of the RE711>RE01>RE01R line which BRG Aust never brought them in the country and cover the range of sizes with G3 and S03 previously. Luxury high performace cars such as the AMG now specify the RE050/A tyres as OE for their current cars as they are quieter than the S03 and has a more progressive breakaway.

Will do a review for sure civic_mods once I have both the RE001 and S Drive scuffed in on my EG and DC2R respectively and driven over a variety of conditions.
    Last edited by EG30; 03-06-2007 at 03:24 AM.

like to see a comparison b/w the re001 and the s-drive. my es100/DNA's will be dead soon.
    TVIS - Toyota VTEC imitation system

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    hey guys just bought the Bridgstone potenza RE001 195 50 r15
    and so far very happy with them
    will keep uz updated
    MR HONDA
    honda parts garage sale has arrived ....check out the parts for sale thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-must-go-ASAP

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What are the treadwear, traction and temperature ratings printed on the sidewall for the RE001 (and S.drive if anyone has them)?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET View Post
    hey guys just bought the Bridgstone potenza RE001 195 50 r15
    and so far very happy with them
    will keep uz updated
    made in australia or japan?

Yokohama S.Drive : TWR 300, Traction AA, Temperature A
    http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...emodel=S.Drive

spoke to someone from a bridgestone tyre center. keeping in mind that he may be biased, but he said he went on a drive day at Mallala last week and tested the RE001's and the S.Drives. He thinks the RE001's held better in the slaloms. He didn't know the UTQG but he said that they're a harder compound, aimed at G3 level of wear.

in 215/45/17 I've had 3 quotes ranging from $250 - $295 from 3 different Bridgestone Tyre Centres.
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 06-06-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added RE001 stuff

-= MR HONDA =- Array
    Car:
    -= MR HNDA =-
    Quote Originally Posted by gambate View Post
    made in australia or japan?

i think they are australian but how do u check ?
    MR HONDA
    honda parts garage sale has arrived ....check out the parts for sale thread
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...g-must-go-ASAP

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET View Post
    i think they are australian but how do u check ?

on the tyre wall shoud mention made in which country. sometimes it's small writing.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

my re001s are made in japan...
    http://www.kingtan.com.au

wakefield park
    Old Surface: 1:12.9

Member Array
    Car:
    ^^ wat size?