Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    ^just curious... did you get a replacement car?
    yep, i got a jazz loaner free of charge.

a couple of things probably deserve mention about the loaners as well. both were jazzes, and both have at least 2 rattles. the first one (for my previous visit to Scott's) was missing its front passenger door lock (just a big hole where it should've been) and this second one is missing its aerial and spare tyre, and the dash pieces under the steering wheel are obviously coming apart (>1cm gaps, wires visible).

however these are loan cars which are probably thrashed by other frustrated honda owners, but still... not exactly confidence-instilling stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    lmao, imagine ripping a burnout in the jazz!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    lmao, imagine ripping a burnout in the jazz!
    You can't unless it is a manual (which are not common as a courtesy car).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You can't unless it is a manual (which are not common as a courtesy car).
    yep... the SM at scott's told me that all loan/courtesy cars are autos.

and no i haven't tried to do a burnout in it

I also got a jazz loaner free of charge only for 3 times than they decided to charge me which I am Not happy about!

i got a loan of a CRV and i stepped on it hard. The CRV is a P.O.S.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    just a small update. it's friday evening now, which means it's been over a week since scott's honda artarmon took my car. they promised to call me last monday, but didn't contact me then and haven't contacted me since.

this could mean either of 2 things:
    1) the SM is genuinely pushing his staff to find the rattles, even when they come back to him saying they can't hear any, or:
    2) my car has been parked in the back corner of the garage (or on the street) and been forgotten about.
    I think it well be answer 2. They probably had a technician have a look at ur car for about 15 minutes and couldnt find anything wrong with ur car

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    i found these sites/blogs (watever)...where you can also post your complaints there:

http://www.caradvice.com.au (see Warranty Complaints)

http://www.motorsm.com/default.asp (see Complaints Corner)

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    i found these sites/blogs (watever)...where you can also post your complaints there:

http://www.caradvice.com.au (see Warranty Complaints)

http://www.motorsm.com/default.asp (see Complaints Corner)
    cheers for the links. i've posted to both...

i have to admit though that i do wonder whether honda cares about what goes up here... oh well, no cost to me.

yep, i got a jazz loaner free of charge.

a couple of things probably deserve mention about the loaners as well. both were jazzes, and both have at least 2 rattles. the first one (for my previous visit to Scott's) was missing its front passenger door lock (just a big hole where it should've been) and this second one is missing its aerial and spare tyre, and the dash pieces under the steering wheel are obviously coming apart (>1cm gaps, wires visible).

however these are loan cars which are probably thrashed by other frustrated honda owners, but still... not exactly confidence-instilling stuff.
    A Jazz with rattles!?!?! OMGWTF. Oh, the angst...

hahaha... seriously mate, and i really mean no offence here, but, you sound like the customer from hell.

Every bmw, benz and audi older than a year that i've been in has rattles of some kind or another. Some people ignore them, other people are irritated by them, I'm in the former category (i'm used to rough cars) and by the sound of it, you're from the latter.

At the end of the day you've bought cheap car from the cheap end of the market segment... if you sleep with a dog you get fleas

fwiw, i do hope that these issues are sorted out for you...
    And so it begins...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Vti
    Chylld, any update??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    i have to admit though that i do wonder whether honda cares about what goes up here... oh well, no cost to me.
    Honda does actually care, but it depends WHO in Honda you are talking about.

You have to realise that Honda Service did not sell you the car - they do their best to fix them. However, the Sales department did. And even still, those faults you stated were beyond their reach. They did not hand assemble your car.

I'm assuming the Honda representitive was the DSM of your region (District Service Manager).

What outcome are you expecting from this? A new car? The next X amount of scheduled services free?

I really hope things work out for you though. Let us know how this progresses.