Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I reckon some of you guys spend a lot on tyres. I paid $180 a corner for Dunlop 3000A in 235/45/17 and they were fantastic tyres for street use.

Granted that was a special price and 235 is cheaper than 225 - but still. I burn through tyres too fast to justify $400 a corner.
    Last edited by yfin; 08-07-2007 at 05:22 PM.

agree, sometime you go for the most use instead of best use, it's not like you track the car everyday........

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Re001 =)

at 199 each i seriously think re001 is good value for money, it's not some extremely quiet or comfortable tyre but it's more than enough for daily driving....

Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I reckon some of you guys spend a lot on tyres. I paid $180 a corner for Dunlop 3000A in 235/45/17 and they were fantastic tyres for street use.

Granted that was a special price and 235 is cheaper than 225 - but still. I burn through tyres too fast to justify $400 a corner.
    when getting quote around i was so tempted to go for 3000A it cost 800 all 4 coernes balance fitted and aligned, but bs was on promotion with 60 dollars more i get some new design to try on.

also i don't think you will find any huge difference when driving either you have 3000A or re001 or C drive or cs2 fitted, in term of day to day driving.

sport max was also on promo for 850 just wondering anyone went with that? any review?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by petsfact View Post
    at 199 each i seriously think re001 is good value for money, it's not some extremely quiet or comfortable tyre but it's more than enough for daily driving....
    Remember though, RE001 has a wear rating of 220. That's lower than the C.Drive and S.Drive's 300. So they last about 73% of the duration, assuming that you do enough kms to reach the treadwear indicator within 3 years. If you do very low kms, the tyres will harden before they wear out, and will be poor in the wet.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT
    Fortunately I haven't had to replace the tyres on my Euro yet. However on my previous car I went for the Pilot Precedas (which were $3XX each for 235/45/17) because I was pretty much after the quietest, most comfortable tyre that still handled and gripped really well.

I really couldn't care less if a tyre can grip twice as well if it's going to be twice as loud. At the moment I can't stand the noisy OEM Bridgestone tyres. I think I'll take them off prematurely just to upgrade to something quieter and better handling.
    2007 Euro Luxury Sat-Nav 6MT
    Nighthawk Black, Black leather
    Full body-kit & spoiler, Silver interior upgrade, Multimedia player, Stainless Steel door trims
    Comptech Icebox, Whiteline swaybar

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Hey aaronng

Is that 199 for 17"? and if so, from where? I assume when you say re001 your talking about the new Potenza Adrenalin's. I was quoted $269 at australias best in sydney.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey13 View Post
    Fortunately I haven't had to replace the tyres on my Euro yet. However on my previous car I went for the Pilot Precedas (which were $3XX each for 235/45/17) because I was pretty much after the quietest, most comfortable tyre that still handled and gripped really well.

I really couldn't care less if a tyre can grip twice as well if it's going to be twice as loud. At the moment I can't stand the noisy OEM Bridgestone tyres. I think I'll take them off prematurely just to upgrade to something quieter and better handling.
    I changed my tyres the day after i picked my car up.The RE040s are crap.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ABS121 View Post
    Hey aaronng

Is that 199 for 17"? and if so, from where? I assume when you say re001 your talking about the new Potenza Adrenalin's. I was quoted $269 at australias best in sydney.
    Yes, for 17". That was at any Bridgestone Tyre Centre. The promotion is over now and it is back to full price.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

199 is for 16" :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by ABS121 View Post
    Hey aaronng

I got a set of RE001 today for my 18. It is a RWD with deep dish so I got them for $1500 fitted and balanced. Took it for a run... it is just too good to believe compare to G3