Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    if your going to be carrying four adults id go for the v6, the euro tends to be a bit down on torque when you get a few people in it and id advise against any modifications to the exhaust etc if you did decide the Euro as on a long trip its not the best, gets a little loud

I looked at the both, the euro is a nicer car
    but theres not much in it, if the euro had a v6 it would be the winner :-P
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    It may depend a little on whether you want an auto Euro or a manual.

The Euro meant that I didn't have to buy a V6.

I bought mine after having a 3 l V6 (manual) TF Magna (140 kw -- similar to the older 141 kw Camry V6).

I was a bit nervous about going back to a 4 cylinder; I was worried I might find it a bit underpowered. I have no regrets about the purchase. Yes, it has less torque, but the car also revs faster than any other car I've owned.

I find it goes extremely well on the open road. The first time I took it on a long trip with 3 adults on board, I eventually gave up dropping the car into 4th from 6th to overtake and just put it in 5th; it was unnecessary (apart from the joy of just listening to the engine rev) and there were no problems overtaking.

It is a very comfortable long distance car and 6th gear gives great fuel economy -- even with the air con on.

I also think that (despite what others may say) that car has a quite reasonable amount of space in the rear -- compared to many other cars (an opinion backed up by some fairly large blokes who wanted a look at the car and sat in the back when my wife took it work). For the overall size of the car, it has a good sized interior and a good sized boot.

I get 4 cylinder running costs around town for commuting, cheaper rego and something that goes just as well as a V6 on the open road. OK -- it works a bit harder to do it and it may not pick up like a big engine, but overall, the compromise is worth it for what I use.

However, the autos have decidedly less get up and go than the manuals; the manual feels like a small 6 IMO.

I have a towbar -- it's had no problem with half a tonne in the trailer or a pallet of phone books (more like about 7-800 kg).

And it's just a hoot to drive for weekend blats through the hills.

But, it depends how much space and how much grunt you need on a regular basis. For me, in town and on the open road, cars like the Euro meant I didn't need a V6 any more. I should add, however, that I haven't driven the Accord V6.
    Last edited by Tobster; 03-05-2007 at 03:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Are the interior dimensions the same, I'm 6'2" and found 3.5 hours sitting in the back of the V6 about all I could take (so I threw dad out and drove it home instead), which was great fun, dad never knew what VTEC was or did, makes me wonder why he actually bought the car - typical old person, bought it because they thought it looked good, LOL.

I heard the US spec Euro, what ever they call it got or was getting the V6 due to popular demand, dunno if they did or not.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKek View Post
    I heard the US spec Euro, what ever they call it got or was getting the V6 due to popular demand, dunno if they did or not.
    No, the TSX never got the V6. There was another Acura, the TL which looked like the Euro, but had the V6. Handling-wise, it is like the V6 Thai Accord with a stiffer suspension.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

So what sort of car you finally get??

For an auto, V6 3.0 would be nice, but I prefer a manual, and the Euro 2.4 is great.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    looking for euro luxo
    nothing yet.. still on the hunt but would be leaning towards the euro for sure! still, will have to test drive both and see which 1 appeals to us most

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Thumbs up

just had my euro dyno'd, 130.9kw atw.... very happy with that... after some more work hoping to have around 150kws... so not too much less than WRX... i have driven canberra to brisbane twice with two adult passengers... very comfy/smooth drive, engine fine for overtaking, but you do have to drop back! fuel wise cruising in 6th gear doing 110 most of the time, got 850km per tank!! hopefully that helps you choose

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    As nice as the Honda's are I'd seriously reconsider your decision against the Aurion Sportivo especially because you do work for Toyota and hence would be eligible for discounts which depending on the number of years working there might be well worth your while. Sell privately every year, update new model and break even if not come out on top.

Otherwise, get the Euro. 4 adults will be fine for room.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I think the choice of whether to go with a V6 or a 2.4L comes down to a personal one....To be more blunt (and sorry in advance!!), it is more about how much testosterone the driver wishes to show.

Fact is, for daily commuting, any car more than 1L will do the job. How many times are you expected to carry four adults? Have a look around during peak hour traffic and you will see that almost all cars have just the driver. We do not need a 2.4 or V6 to carry around 1.5 tons of metal and 100kg of flesh.

For the occasional time when you really need to carry four passenger, a 2.4, a 1.8 or even a 1.5L will do the job. Example: my 1.5L minicar carried four passengers over a 30km inner city traffic without hassle. One of the passenger even surprised me by saying how 'powerful' and 'how smooth' the ride was.

For Freeway overtaking or highway cruising, virtually all modern car of any capacity above 1.3L will do the job. Another example, i drove the same 1.5L minicar with two on board and a back-load of luggage from Brisbane to Perth without any problem. I just plan ahead and be patient in certain situations. I overtook road trains and other cars just as easily. Why? Because once the car has build up sufficient momentum, overtaking is possible, this is not the same as standing start time.

I know I will probably cop a lot of flames for this... Please go and test drive the cars you are interested in and see which one is better suited to your personal sense of style and buy according to your desire. Engine capability is only one of many factors you will need to consider when buying a new car. FYI, my other car is a plain jane '00 Hyundai Accent.
    Last edited by mastcell; 25-07-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    Get a Maxima. Jap made, great V6 and better handling than the Accord. Would also be more comfortable for 4 adults on a long trip.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by IS250 View Post
    Get a Maxima. Jap made, great V6 and better handling than the Accord. Would also be more comfortable for 4 adults on a long trip.
    dont get a maxima, shocking very old shape, very poor sales figures too!
    We buy the luxo ones from hertz X hire cars, not bad for 17k and under 50,000kms.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by mastcell View Post
    I think the choice of whether to go with a V6 or a 2.4L comes down to a personal one....To be more blunt (and sorry in advance!!), it is more about how much testosterone the driver wishes to show.
    or how much they pretend to have, lol

Accord & Maxima (moreso) look like the front wheels are dragging around a fat bum, doesn't look quite right. The Euro has pretty much perfect proportions in my opinion.