Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by mpd076-chuck View Post
    To be on topic, 60K is too much to me for an FD2R, I think 50K is probably the maximum I wouldn want to spend on it.

To be off topic, by what measures do you classify the R34 GTR as slow? I always thought it was reasonably quick, approx 5 sec 0-100 and supposed sub 8 minute nurburgring. cheers.
    The FD2R is faster than the R34 GTR, EVO VI RS, RX-7 RS and NSX Type S on Suzuka. And Suzuka is not a tight and slow track.

Was in a stock R34 GTR Vspec last month. It was slow. 0-100km/h times are not an indication of a fast car. It's an indication of a car with good traction.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Yeah I got that.

So in order to get one you need to buy in Japan, register in Japan, deregister (laws on residing in Japan apply for private import????) and then ship here to then get car engineered. I certainly couldn't be arsed into importing one. Just get a local release and K20a and get aftermarket parts. You'd prtobably end up with a better car anyway.
    You have to prove that you lived in japan for 12 months as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    60k for a civic?
    no.
    lol.
    why not? 60k for an 'impreza' or a 'lancer' if thats your way of thinking?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    60K for the RR chucks.........

I'd hit it........but would need a loan of $59K
    Are you the golf owner that I think you are?

Sorry with it now - RR. Na wouldnt pay 60K anyway. Combined we only need 58K loan

That the FD2R is faster around Suzuka than R34 really is something else.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yup, I was surprised that it was so quick on a high speed track.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    would u like CTR or a R34 GTR for the same price?
    plus we are talking track here..
    is the public road a race track?
    the CTR maybe faster than the above cars in the race track in the real world with bumps and terrible road broken traction roads. it'll be a different story.
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    I'm not that keen on exploiting track speeds on the road, so it would be fine by me, but I understand your point there Danny.

I just love that Honda still build a car for the track, that's what drew me to DC2R in the first place, from Skyline's that really needed some mods to feel as comfortable on the track. (DC2R not fastest track car, but it just takes a track beating so well)

To be on topic, 60K is too much to me for an FD2R, I think 50K is probably the maximum I wouldn want to spend on it.

To be off topic, by what measures do you classify the R34 GTR as slow? I always thought it was reasonably quick, approx 5 sec 0-100 and supposed sub 8 minute nurburgring. cheers.
    60K - Mugen RR

BTW, I'd be surprised if a standard R34 GT-R (as in the 99-01 cars now selling for $60k here) is a sub 8 minute Nurburgring car (maybe a later Nur-spec or Z-tune is). Even the much quoted "first" sub 8 minutes record for the R33 GT-R was not representative as that car was far from standard. IIRC it was virtually N1 spec with semi-slicks.

The first true, off the production line car to officially sub 8 minutes at the 'Ring was the 996 GT3 Mk1.

Nevertheless, an R34 GT-R is a reasonably quick car, would no doubt offer different sensations to a Mugen RR.
    Last edited by slipangle; 09-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yup, I was surprised that it was so quick on a high speed track.

did u find that Bestmotoring and SS it for this thread ??? i LOL if u did haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Sorry with it now - RR. Na wouldnt pay 60K anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by slipangle View Post
    The first true, off the production line car to officially sub 8 minutes at the 'Ring was the 996 GT3 Mk1..
    Well that writes off a bog stock 99-01 R34 being sub 8 minutes. There is no way it is the equal of a MK1 GT3. But yes the R34 would still be great fun.

As for the BM pic, aaronng is the king of BM! (well he at least understands some if it, unlike me... )

With all this talk of nurburging, here is a snippet from an email that just arrived from a good mate who just drove it...
    - I had an E36 M3 race car (on R spec tyres) for the session, and managed 6 full driving laps along with an initial sighting lap... The sighting lap was fantastic with Theo's diesel Golf taking on and passing many faster cars. The two main impressions from the sighting lap were how slippery/scary it was (it was spotty rain all day, and Theo was sliding a lot) and how often Theo was touching/adjusting braking as cambers/crests/wet patches meant you couldn't drive it like a regular track (much more like a SUPER FAST targa stage)
    - The 6th lap was fine again as there was a dry line, but the biggest thing that stood out was that the faster you go, and more comfortable you are, the more challenging the track becomes. Simple braking zones become too short because of a crest, corners that linked up nicely no longer do so, turn in points disappear because wheels are off the ground, you have to start changing direction while still exiting a bend. This is really an incredible piece of road!!
    - On track...got taken at warp speed by an Orange Gallardo being driven very well. It caught me, passed me, and was out of sight within about 5 corners. I caught, passed, and blasted into the weeds, a Winnebago and a transit van!
    the "average interest level" of every car on the road here is so high. Probably every second car you see on the road is interesting. So many GT porsches and BMW M cars, you stop noticing them. Heaps of Lotus' too, even a Mk1Exige with a Honda engine, owned by an Italian guy (who spoke no english) but had just done 450km on track at Spa
    Last edited by mpd076-chuck; 09-08-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Nurburgring = petrolhead heaven. Seriously, that place has magic wafting around in the air!

BTW, the FD2R has undergone development at the Nurburgring (if you believe what other ppl have written) like all accomplished cars should!
    Last edited by slipangle; 09-08-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    lol 60 to import a a 170kw front wheel drive civic

what the hell have u people been smoking??? lol
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.