Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 R33 Skyline

Removing Em1 Dash

hey guys i got my em1 and it has a aftermarket cd player and i want to put my subs in but having some trouble getting the dam thing out. the cd player forks dont work for some reason, so i want to know how to take out or easiest way to get it out thanks all .

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    u take out the panel that holds deck/aircon. be careful as u pull it out, some plastic clips hold it in. its tricky and all about trial and error but u get the hang of it.
    ill get you a photo of what i did, this wasnt the most prettiest way of removing my deck but the bastard who had my car before me really wanted too make sure nobody stole his precious non-mp3 cd player

Last edited by steve88; 09-09-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Try taking some panels out from the lower console and have a peek, the deck may have been bolted in place as a security measure.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    the problem i had was he lifted the security tabs on the metal tray you stick stereo in. perhaps he bolted it on. probably quicker too just rip the whole lot out

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    theres just too many bolts in a dash to show you were they all are. perhaps you should just try to find hte bolt syourself instead of just asking us.

you should remove the panels below the dash first and have a look..
    here are the screws/clips

you will need flathead and a phillips head screw driver
    remove these in following order

remove kickpanels (the side bit that covers the ECU) with flathead
    panels outside of your dash (open your doors.)
    fusebox cover (under your steering wheel. 3 phillip head screws)
    glovebox with 2 phillips head screws underneath
    gearknob
    handbrake console 2 phillips head screws
    then take out your gearstick surround (4 phillips head screws -2 on each side)
    then ashtray trim with 4 phillips head screws.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    em1
    hey EK1-2NV, did u end up getting it out? cos i have the same problem but i have a feeling its stuck in differently... i get the feeling i'll have to break the centre console in order to get it out.

basically its the bottom left hand side which seems to be stuck/jammed. anyone else come across this? help appreciated!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Most of the OEM headunits in the ek's are held in place with bolts as well as the rest of the plastic around it. If you are having trouble shoot me a PM and I will dig up a diy for you.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    em1
    ey zdster: i appreciate your response however its an aftermarket single-din slide out dvd h/u which is stuck. prior to that i had a pretty standard jvc mp3 h/u which was no problems in getting out.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by causeraybay View Post
    ey zdster: i appreciate your response however its an aftermarket single-din slide out dvd h/u which is stuck. prior to that i had a pretty standard jvc mp3 h/u which was no problems in getting out.
    Have a search through these links as they should help:
    http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/

I havent pulled apart an em1 dash so cant help that much more, but the process to remove the lower part of the dash is pretty straight forward.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.