Page 104 of 154 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 1840
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by staryknight View Post
    I think your all crazy trying to compare cars on 30 degree days that’s an unfair disadvantage. I would really like to hear how the car responds at night time when the outside air is cold. We all know every car is very sluggish in the heat, but if it impresses you in the heat imagine what it will be like when it’s cold.
    you should come for a spirited drive in canberra middle of winter... you'd swear your driving an F1 lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by staryknight View Post
    We all know every car is very sluggish in the heat
    Some cars are worse than others - in my experience the Euro is very different in hot weather compared to crisp weather. It is like a totally different car. Compare that to my SS and the difference is not that much in hot and cold. 3 years ago I started a thread about my Euro having a personality disorder - it is true!
    Last edited by yfin; 18-11-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    The extreme Euro is supposed to do the 1/4 mile in 14.8ish seconds at 160km/h which is in line with the 350z and RX-8 but it didn't feel nearly as quick as the two. In terms of acceleration it felt closer to the Aurion Sportivo I drive at work (though not as torquey). I don't think there's anything wrong with comparing a stock V6 with a highly modded 4 cylinder car.
    I don't believe that a stock 350z does a best of 14.8. A stock Euro does 15.2 in real life and the power to weight ratio of the 350z is much better.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34 View Post
    You are losing the point I am afraid that I am trying to make. I am talking about cars that are normally in the same class and size of engine. Since your comment is that it is "nearly as quick" then I would say ...not bad for a 2.4 litre NA motor that normally on average might have max 110KW at the wheels (notice I said on average folks) The rotary I can not say much about since except that it is very quick and in comparrison of a motor well they are different being based on a low friction Rotary Motor with 1300CC but 170KW of power ...the 350Z is a Standard Engine 3.5L V6 @ 228.18KW @6800 engine .. but both built as sports cars......even if you compare the Aurion... 200KW V6 Engine..... if you compare the two as your are and you say it's close.. and also compare it to an Aurion at 200KW .... Then Jtune has done a great job...... even to be comparible to this car in perfomance.
    It is a shame you did not get to drive it.... you should have asked the owner he let Tony drive it and you would have realised what is fully like

Also you gotta remember it was a 30 degree day and humid which also affects performance....
    I don't really want to debate this any further as I think it's pointless. But to avoid further confusion, I mean that the RX-8 and 350z (not the revised model with 228kw) both feel a lot quicker than the Euro with the extreme package. The Aurion has 200kw but keep in mind that it's also a massive 240kg heavier than the Euro. Jtune has done a good job designing and manufacturing the hardware with the ECU to match it but in terms of raw performance it didn't quite meet my expectations.

I might have a very different impression if I had the car for a full day in winter but all I'm posting is my impressions of being a passenger in the car for a very short period of time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    350Z only have around 155kw atw...

ill be topping that number very soon! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I don't believe that a stock 350z does a best of 14.8. A stock Euro does 15.2 in real life and the power to weight ratio of the 350z is much better.
    A stock std manual Euro does the quarter in the mid to high 15s. The 350z usually does it in the mid to high 14s.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    But to avoid further confusion, I mean that the RX-8 and 350z (not the revised model with 228kw) both feel a lot quicker than the Euro with the extreme package. The Aurion has 200kw but keep in mind that it's also a massive 240kg heavier than the Euro.
    You answered yourself. The RX-8 and 350z have better power to weight ratios than the Euro, while the Aurion has an additional 60kW but is only 240kg heavier, also giving it a better power to weight ratio. That is why the Euro feels slower than these 3 cars, because it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    You answered yourself. The RX-8 and 350z have better power to weight ratios than the Euro, while the Aurion has an additional 60kW but is only 240kg heavier, also giving it a better power to weight ratio. That is why the Euro feels slower than these 3 cars, because it is.
    The Euro feels slower than the RX-8 and 350z but feels about the same as the Aurion (but not as torquey). Power to weight ratio is not a reliable way to determine how fast cars are. There are many other factors that come into play. Anyways I've said what I needed to say so I won't contribute anymore.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    So the only reason the Euro is slow is because it’s a heavy large boat and not a race car.

I brought my euro coz of the looks then I wanted it to go faster

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Actually read these so Aarong you are wrong based on these articles. But this of course is based on the US model.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=2&preview=

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    350Z only have around 155kw atw...

ill be topping that number very soon! lol
    You can't compare numbers from different dynos. A 350z on a rolling road dyno pulling 155kW means a stock Euro put on the same dyno would show 105kW. Unless you get a gain of 50kW, the 350z will still be ahead.