Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    NO BULL SHIT
    Only time will tell hey

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The Mondeo is made in Belgium. The XR5 model is Aus-spec. You don't get the XR4, XR5, XR6 or XR8 in other countries. What autoexpress saying is that their equivalent, the ST will be similar to the XR5.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by maracer View Post
    NO BULL SHIT
    Only time will tell hey
    Not until after 2009. Even then, if they still sell a "Mondeo" here, it will never become the Falcon. If they want to do that, they will have to first kill off the Mondeo name here and then in the next model year, call it the Falcon instead. Since this year is the first year for the Mondeo, I say you are bullshitting.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    I personally dont really like the new mondeo design.

I dunno abt everyone else, but i dont like the steering wheel design of most Fords, they are too squarish for my liking!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Meh dont like it.

Reminds me of a Daewoo Lanos mixed with a Mitsubishi 380
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    I believe the rumour/theory was that the Mondeo (or similar mid-size car) might be manufactured alongside the Falcon in the Ford plant given the trend away from large cars and towards mid-sizers -- to keep Ford's Australian manufacturing plant viable.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster View Post
    I believe the rumour/theory was that the Mondeo (or similar mid-size car) might be manufactured alongside the Falcon in the Ford plant given the trend away from large cars and towards mid-sizers -- to keep Ford's Australian manufacturing plant viable.
    That sounds more like it.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    the room and features in this car kill the euro in everyway!
    I love the XR5, think the build quality, price and value are fantastic!
    I would buy one over the euro anyday atm.

but...

ill wait for new euro next year! im sure it will but the mondeo back in its place!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    the room and features in this car kill the euro in everyway!
    I love the XR5, think the build quality, price and value are fantastic!
    I would buy one over the euro anyday atm.

but...

ill wait for new euro next year! im sure it will but the mondeo back in its place!
    It's great for a family with 3 grown up kids (or 5 adults). I find that the Euro is more of a 4 seater if you have 4 adults. Not really comfortable with 3 adults in the rear.

The thing about this Mondeo XR5, is that people shouldn't be mistaken that it is a fast car. In addition to the extra power, it has extra weight. So in the end, it is a larger car but no quicker.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    New vs New? Not even a contest, Euro is a 4 year old car, Mondeo is a new model. The Euro looks good for its age but the Mondeo makes it look like a low browed caveman.

Euro's advantage is that you can get a used Lux in good condition for under $30k.
    Last edited by IAMVTEC; 27-11-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    New vs New? Not even a contest, Euro is a 4 year old car, Mondeo is a new model. The Euro looks good for its age but the Mondeo makes it look like a low browed caveman.

Euro's advantage is that you can get a used Lux in good condition for under $30k.
    LOL! Even the new Mondeo doesn't look as good as new 4-year old design Euro. Currently, the only cars that look good to me are the EVO X, GTR, R8, S5 and Aurion ZR6 with the front lip spoiler.
    Last edited by aaronng; 27-11-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    LOL! Even the new Mondeo doesn't look as good as new 4-year old design Euro. Currently, the only cars that look good to me are the EVO X, GTR, R8, S5 and Aurion ZR6 with the front lip spoiler.
    Well that's a matter of opinion. I wouldn't call Mondeo great looking, its average looking in a Mazda 6 sort of way, but the shapes of the Mondeo are far more modern than the Euro.

EVO X, R8 and Aurion are all ugly to me. R8 in particular is an obnoxious design.