"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    u must be doing nothing but constant speed/hwy driving

and grandma driving the rest

and 0 city driving
    Sorry to disappoint u but if driving at or slightly above the posted speed limit is grandma driving......so be it, at least i have had no speeding tickets for several years. 75% of my driving is secondary rural roads, 25% country town. A figure that is up to date as of this morning is 33,749km on 2321.66 Litres for an all up average of 6.879L/100km. By the way, a return trip from Sydney - 1407kms in 15hours is not what i would call grandma driving....best recorded fuel consumption that trip was 5.8L/100km. No need to drive like grandma.... or grandpa for that matter......lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    I got the car in July 06, so 16 months and almost 34,000km...yes i keep a log book and i can even tell u the total fuel used in that time as well as the average fuel consumption to date.
    Gosh 16months and 34,000km...

I got mine in Dec 06 and atm i'm up to my 30,000 service in a week...

I'm probably just driving too much ^.^

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Sorry to disappoint u but if driving at or slightly above the posted speed limit is grandma driving......so be it, at least i have had no speeding tickets for several years. 75% of my driving is secondary rural roads, 25% country town. A figure that is up to date as of this morning is 33,749km on 2321.66 Litres for an all up average of 6.879L/100km. By the way, a return trip from Sydney - 1407kms in 15hours is not what i would call grandma driving....best recorded fuel consumption that trip was 5.8L/100km. No need to drive like grandma.... or grandpa for that matter......lol
    i think u misunderstand the term grandma driver

ther are 2 ways of making ur car move

u can do it with ur foot all the way to the floor, ie max load, ie max fuel consumption, my only style of driving unfortunatley

the 2nd way, grandma style, is to apply minimum load, and only lightly press the accelarator, giving the best fuel consumption

i get around 8.6L/100 kmz from my d17 7th gen civic, i do 70% city driving, and some freeway work, all thrashed, as i love to rev the manual, and im impatient, lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    i think u misunderstand the term grandma driver

ther are 2 ways of making ur car move

u can do it with ur foot all the way to the floor, ie max load, ie max fuel consumption, my only style of driving unfortunatley

the 2nd way, grandma style, is to apply minimum load, and only lightly press the accelarator, giving the best fuel consumption

i get around 8.6L/100 kmz from my d17 7th gen civic, i do 70% city driving, and some freeway work, all thrashed, as i love to rev the manual, and im impatient, lol

so what your saying is there are only 2 driving styles.........hooning or grandma driving..........

Same as the comment about driving on secondary rural roads is the same as freeway driving......................so i guess that also means driving in country towns is no different to driving in the middle of Sydney.......oh well......we learn something new every day.......LMFAO

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    EG5 Boosted

Highway drive 500k on one tank..
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    so what your saying is there are only 2 driving styles.........hooning or grandma driving..........

Same as the comment about driving on secondary rural roads is the same as freeway driving......................so i guess that also means driving in country towns is no different to driving in the middle of Sydney.......oh well......we learn something new every day.......LMFAO
    lol, understand wat u want

in my book, country driving, rural back raods watever u want to call them, is pretty much freeway driving

and that explains ur very good fuel consumption

take ur car thru shitloads of traffic everyday, and u will get pretty shitty fuel consumption

esp since its an auto

anyway, i was just justifying y u have such good fuel consumption compared to me
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Civic Gli
    Slightly off topic but coolest things ever....!
    I NEVER fill at Mobil (always Shell) but I was desperate!
    Pulled into my local Mobil & they were out of regular unleaded....
    SO THEY HAD PREMIUM UNLEADED FOR THE PRICE OF REGULAR!
    so I filled up a full tank!
    I wonder if it'll get me more mileage! lol-I'll report back!

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    yes, u should get a bit more

dont expect anything very spectacular though
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Civic Gli
    meh...I got it for the same price so I'm cheering! makes me think 'maybe there is something to shopping around for petrol"lol
    I can get nearly up to 500kms (gota love a stocky '98 GLi!) so should be interesting to see what happens.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    I'm getting about 380 from a tank in my car. Expected as much with mods and the only time I really drive it is when having a go.