Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

no audio and internal lights but little fuses seem to be unfused

guys
    merry x'mas.

I pushed one of the internal lights to turn it on last night. Next few seconds, all the internal lights shut off and the cd player died out. This means that the control panel died out.

Geeezzz.

I checked the fuses (based on the manual ) found in the internal fuse box (located pretty much next to the accelerator pedal).

I am out of wits... I have an appointment booked with Honda but it's not til next week. Problem is, i'm going to be using the car a fair bit this holiday season to go around. Any ideas?

Guys, even if u're reading and have no comment, it's all good.. Merry X'mas and a happy new year. Drive safe

best wishes!

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    when you say internal lights, this include dashboard cluster light (speedo & tacho), light on roof and doors etc?

also, when you check the fuse, is it burned out already? if yes, just bring it to your local auto shop to get a replacement.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

it might not be the fuse that has blown, with my car (crv) i had a similar problem. ,(but just internal lights) the problem was the wire was burnt out half way. could be the same problem? hope it helps but try going to an auto electrician before you let honda rip you off

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by LIV3 View Post
    it might not be the fuse that has blown, with my car (crv) i had a similar problem. ,(but just internal lights) the problem was the wire was burnt out half way. could be the same problem? hope it helps but try going to an auto electrician before you let honda rip you off
    auto electricians rip you off too... i had to pay $245 for one to run 1m of cable (measley hook up wire) from battery to fuse block...

Quote Originally Posted by LIV3 View Post
    hello, there

Merry X'mas!!! Really?
    ah... not sure how many panels i need to remove on the euro.. JDMs are easier to maintain but with this one i'd rather let honda touch it if it was a wiring problem. It is under extended warranty

hello!!
    Merry X'mas!!

I am sorry. By internal lights, i meant the pilot lamps in the front and back seats.

My dash board, heated seats, power windows , auto cruise and etc works fine except the cd unit, display unit and the pilot lights.
    hehehe

whoa.. 245 is a rip.. but i got mine done for 50 bux. i guess it just depends where you go. and yes. auto electricians are rip off's aswell but they could still be cheaper than honda.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    You havn't stated what year your Euro is. It may be an warranty job. If it is still under warranty get Honda to look at it do not attempt to repair it yourself.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    look in the fuse box in ur engine bay its a common thing

Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34 View Post
    You havn't stated what year your Euro is. It may be an warranty job. If it is still under warranty get Honda to look at it do not attempt to repair it yourself.

yeah it is a late 2003 with extended warranty. Thing is, it's only til jan 3rd(next week) that my booking is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    hi didn't want to open a new thread so i thought i'l write it here..today i was driving and went over a little speed hump (tiny) without any big impact..the radio/cd lights went out less than a half a second and everything came back BUT the audio doesn't work anymore, there is no sound whatsoever even though everything seems to be showing/working (cd track.clock/volume/etc), the car is 03-04 model and its done 50k only and warranty is not valid anymore..does anyone know what the problem might be or have you had the same problem before.. which is fuse box should be looking at? under the hood or the one under the steering wheel...please help as without music or radio in my car i might collapse

Quote Originally Posted by stalin View Post
    hi didn't want to open a new thread so i thought i'l write it here..today i was driving and went over a little speed hump (tiny) without any big impact..the radio/cd lights went out less than a half a second and everything came back BUT the audio doesn't work anymore, there is no sound whatsoever even though everything seems to be showing/working (cd track.clock/volume/etc), the car is 03-04 model and its done 50k only and warranty is not valid anymore..does anyone know what the problem might be or have you had the same problem before.. which is fuse box should be looking at? under the hood or the one under the steering wheel...please help as without music or radio in my car i might collapse
    you said 'cd track, clock, volume is working? so wat happens? every thing is on but no sound? if thats the case could be faulty headunit. or maybe wires or something have come lose. however if nothings working/turning on all i can think of that might be wrong is, POWER or GROUND