Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    CTR wing and Mugen wing are different. Mugen is 1 piece whereas CTR has 3 pieces connected together (2 side and 1 top)
    What do you mean?

I was under the impression the CTR wing came pre-assembled and was treated as a single piece? *shrugs*

i dont know if it comes pre assembled. I know it has 3 parts. So you can paint the top part in another colour or give it a carbon fibre look.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I think thats its very similar. The mugen wing looks exactly like that.

Mugen wing is one piece. Looks very similar to the CTR wing (photo). But it give you the opportunity to paint the middle section in another colour

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Ah true, although i guess u still can if u know how to with the mugen. Just probably not as well done as you would hoped that it'l be

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    IMO the CTR wing is very very very similar to the Mugen wing in look. Might as well go Mugen since it's designed to be fitted to the Civic FD rather than the replica CTR which was more of an afterthought.

lol, "fake CF looks" on a "fake CTR Wing"

Off Topic: JaCe, what else did you bought from Malay/Singapore?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

that photo is for our Civic FD. It is a replica CTR wing made to fit our car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    ^ Correct. That's why alot of our cars in M'sia are 2nd hand... and also leads to more and more problems ><

On a sidenote, I was thrashing our Waja... managed to top it out at 183km/h. Not bad for a 1.6L on the NS h/w =] Only cars which overtook me were a Fairlady, a CLS350 (and *gasp* a Camry 2.0L)... all Singaporean plates.
    One of my favourite places on earth is the NSHW as there's "no speed limit" . Before studying in melbourne used to head up to sunway workshops or sepang occasionally.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Didn't get a chance to buy much Only got an aftermarket horn and typhoon intake for myself. Bought an OEM Type-R badge for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ary View Post
    One of my favourite places on earth is the NSHW as there's "no speed limit" . Before studying in melbourne used to head up to sunway workshops or sepang occasionally.
    LOL I miss it too. It was a good drive from Singapore to Sepang for forum meetups- I've got a bunch of photos from my trip last last year to Sepang at http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88 if you're interested.

On a sidenote, record from JB to KL is <1:50:00.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    that photo is for our Civic FD. It is a replica CTR wing made to fit our car.
    Replicas first priority is to match the look of the real thing- the fit and finish/build quality/aerodynamics are all secondary concerns.

After using various replica and genuine components- I can definitely see a major difference. May not be noticeable at first; but once you've had the parts on the car for a while you can start to see the replica parts deteriorate.

originals will fail too. My mate drives a calais. Original spoiler. Already can see it start to wear out. Friend has an integra with a replica kit. Not quite sure the exact year (possibly late 90s as im not familiar with that model), replica kit looks good as new. So it just depends on where the kit was made. Not all replica kits will fail.
    So far i have front grille and spoiler as replicas. grille ive had for about 1 year. Still looks the mint. Spoiler only a few months. So maybe ill see if its any good in 3+ years time.