Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yeah why not if the premium doesnt go up, might as well...
    all the accessories adds up to $$ still..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 11
    The reason why this car is so expensive to repair because of the low bonnet.

It gets damaged easily even in the low speed impact.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Heres the link to the article, well part of im sure its all there

http://www.caradvice.com.au/9783/sma...r-costs-study/

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    Aren't you an 18-25y/o male? That makes you prime candidate for high premiums.. unless they already factor all that into it lol.
    Ive been there and done that :P

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    So.. as a conclusion, would you guys argue that due to the high costs of repairing an FD - in the event of an accident - is enough reason to steer away and select another car model ?

I need some feedback because I'm considering purchasing the FD some time next month. What are other main pro's and con's ?
    HCCM #12

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    to think the civic won that 2007 award :O

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacs View Post
    So.. as a conclusion, would you guys argue that due to the high costs of repairing an FD - in the event of an accident - is enough reason to steer away and select another car model ?

I need some feedback because I'm considering purchasing the FD some time next month. What are other main pro's and con's ?

To put this into perspective, if you were looking to buy a Porsche or even a Ferrari. And you know they get damaged easily and pretty expensive to repair. Would that be enough to stir you away?

I think many people buy using their emotion rather than using their head. Because if they do then they'd all be driving Toyotas.
    Last edited by conroe; 27-01-2008 at 03:25 PM.

For me, i dont look at it from that perspective. I buy the car because i love the look and feel.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    For me, i dont look at it from that perspective. I buy the car because i love the look and feel.
    agreed
    HCCM #12

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1

don't worry mate. if insured ur car, everthing no problems. ur problems only pay $500 excess, that's $7000 cost is insurance company's probs
    just list all ur mods to the company, the issue is, not because get replace or not, but lets say, u put 18" new rims and NOT disclose to ur insurance.
    Next time, when accident happened, they won't cover ur car coz u did not disclosed all ur mods and means ur car is not cover.

happened to my friend with his Lancer, changed to 17" rims and not disclosed to the insurance. When he got accident, the insurance said "that accident coz by ur bigger rims and u not disclosed to us, and bla..bla..bla.."

and to make sure ur warranty, just service ur car at dealer garage, i'm not saying non-dealer service garage not good, they're all the same with dealer mechanics, but just for ur peace of mind.only small different. my non-dealer garage quote me $120 for normal service, i serviced to honda dealer only $170.$50 different for every 6 months, means only $8/month, only $0.27/day.

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by sKy.xD View Post
    to think the civic won that 2007 award :O
    i think, new c-class W204 got car of the year 2007 ???

Quote Originally Posted by conroe View Post
    To put this into perspective, if you were looking to buy a Porsche or even a Ferrari. And you know they get damaged easily and pretty expensive to repair. Would that be enough to stir you away?

I think many people buy using their emotion rather than using their head. Because if they do then they'd all be driving Toyotas.
    hahaha...u right dude.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket

Off-Topic: whatever you do, just make sure you get a manual FD. auto is very depressing. Trust me!
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
    i told him to get me swaybars.
    ----
    Spec R

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    thanks guys i'll definately keep those in mind

dmx: i guess it's true that the $7k pricetag is a worry for those insurance companies rather than something we're to scratch our heads over.

Mingy: and yeah, manual for sure
    HCCM #12