Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dc5 Cai

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S

Dc5 Cai

Hi all,
    well I'm new to all of this although I have posted a bit in other sections, so I'll sort of introduce myself as a new-ish owner of a DC5S (having owned the car since just before Christmas).

I know this topic has been covered before!! But I'd like to ask a few questions about different CAI's available for the DC5. It seems that there are 3 types that appeal to most people - Injen, Mugen and GruppeM. I know its basically useless to ask "which is better?", as everyone have their own opinions.

Firstly, there is quite a major cost difference between the three. Is it really worth spending the extra dollars on a Mugen or GruppeM intake as opposed to Injen?

Secondly, which kind of ties in to the first, is the Injen legal or can it be defected, as it is an exposed filter element. I've already been pulled over by police (just for an inspection I did nothing wrong!) in my area and my car is completely STOCK atm! So if it is not legal and there runs a risk of defect is it worth spending the extra bucks on the more expensive air box versions of GruppeM or Mugen?

Sorry for the long post thanks in advance.

in short, gruppe m and mugen are obviously the best to go for but the difference in power gains betwen them and injen are not even worth it! if ur after dyno proven performance and an AGGRESSIVE intake sound then injen is the way to go! u could pick up an injen intake posted from the states for around 400, mugen and gruppe m are almost double that.. and as far as i kno a full CAI isnt defectable bcoz the pod filter is not exposed in the engine bay like it would with an SRI (since it will be behind ur front bar with a CAI).. my opinion.. injen, its wat im going with.. btw have u ever heard of the AEM V2? thats another one to check out, although its sort of between a SRI and CAI..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    I vote GruppeM then Injen

PM sent!
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    the place where the injen one is located would be very hard to defect.
    Its almost inclosed

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i would say that if your worried about cost get the injen.. although you can get defected..

gruppem and mugen are both inclosed.. ive had a gruppem and i loved it.. i sell them if u want one

but for typeS ur front upper sway bar will have to be removed..

If not.. try researching on the j's racing intake.!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    WTF? you dont have to remove any thing for the gruppeM. if it the new version its facelift compatible and backward compatible.

Please Note. WTF is shorter than What tha. Sorry is it sounds harsh to some sensitive ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    i would say that if your worried about cost get the injen.. although you can get defected..

gruppem and mugen are both inclosed.. ive had a gruppem and i loved it.. i sell them if u want one

but for typeS ur front upper sway bar will have to be removed..

If not.. try researching on the j's racing intake.!
    Last edited by EL_DC5; 01-02-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    if u want torque/better daily drivability then go for gruppem/mugen intakes. if u want top end power then go for injen/AEM V2. and also if you dont wanna pay close to a grand for just an intake (i think headers are a better investment for something close to a grand) then go for the injen...jus my 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    WTF you dont have to remove any thing for the gruppeM. if it the new version its facelift compatible and backward compatible.
    I think there is a better way to reply to ppls post?
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    no harshness intended...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    lol EL_DC5 is so passionate about gruppem

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    LOL how ur car man? did you end up getting a new one?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    na man, car is 100% lol thanks