Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    Lol @ VSA on hybrid.
    they need TCS on hybrids more than VSA. petrol electric hybrids can easily make over 500nm of torque at the flywheel (the toyota prius is an example of that), so it has some benefits, mainly because electric motors are far more responsive.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    I had to pay $3k for on road etc. In my books, thats heaps. Wheres my auto folding mirror?
    Malaysia:
    http://www.honda.com.my/models/civic_price_list_18s.cfm
    For 1.8L... RM113,800
    Using xe.com as at 12:08am 1/2/08;
    113,800.00 MYR = 39,456.47 AUD
    Singapore:
    http://www.honda.com.sg/price_sheet.asp
    For 1.6L VTi manual (uber base model)... SGD 73,000.
    Using xe.com...
    73,000.00 SGD = 57,794.43 AUD
    And in both these countries, average wages are considerably lower than here.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    Malaysia:
    http://www.honda.com.my/models/civic_price_list_18s.cfm
    For 1.8L... RM113,800
    Using xe.com as at 12:08am 1/2/08;

Singapore:
    http://www.honda.com.sg/price_sheet.asp
    For 1.6L VTi manual (uber base model)... SGD 73,000.
    Using xe.com...

And in both these countries, average wages are considerably lower than here.

Singapore wages are not that far from here......but their vehicle prices are indeed crazy

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    The vehicle taxes are quite high for singapore cars. So most are imported in basic trim then retrofited upspec in-country. Accesories are not taxed.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post

this thread is about the aus civics, as i said it doesnt exist
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    ya OK. Shows how mean Mr H (Aus) is

one thing that maaaaay be different, is the cruise control operation. on my 2007 accord Vti-L, when i have cruise turned on and i go down a hill (and obviously the car goes faster), the cruise control doesn't automatically apply the brakes. yet in my 2008 civic (a car costing a good $10k less) when i do the same thing, the car will auto brake to keep my speed. does the 07 civic do the same as the 08 one?...and how come the accord doesn't if the 07 civic does in fact do it??

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    one thing that maaaaay be different, is the cruise control operation. on my 2007 accord Vti-L, when i have cruise turned on and i go down a hill (and obviously the car goes faster), the cruise control doesn't automatically apply the brakes. yet in my 2008 civic (a car costing a good $10k less) when i do the same thing, the car will auto brake to keep my speed. does the 07 civic do the same as the 08 one?...and how come the accord doesn't if the 07 civic does in fact do it??
    You sure it's not just in your mind because AFAIK, Honda does not equip Civics (anywhere) with Cruise Control w/ Brake. Could it be you were at a different speed?

Quote Originally Posted by match View Post
    Singapore wages are not that far from here......but their vehicle prices are indeed crazy
    Depends on profession or career path, but in general, Aussie salaries/wages are typically higher before you even factor in currency conversion. I know the exact same job I have in the exact same firm pays considerably less in Singapore and Malaysia than it does here... but on a relevant note, we do have much higher income taxes than those countries.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    You sure it's not just in your mind because AFAIK, Honda does not equip Civics (anywhere) with Cruise Control w/ Brake. Could it be you were at a different speed?
    definately not my mind. whats does mess me up a bit is the fact that nobody at the honda dealership in sales knows about it, yet when 2 different service techies drove my car cos i asked them if it was my car playing up or an actual feature, they both found it did brake itself too. someone else tell me if their 08 civic DOESNT do it cos then i will be worried :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffsaid View Post
    Hi all

Will the 2008 Civic be any different from the current 2007 model?

Dealer says no, but who can trust dealers. All they said was that the new 2008s are exactly the same except for the introduction of a new colour, some light goldish colour.

Thanks
    Hi.

Everything is the same; except hello Satelitte Mist and goodbye Misty Violet.

except the Sport, comes with VSA in 08 model.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    definately not my mind. whats does mess me up a bit is the fact that nobody at the honda dealership in sales knows about it, yet when 2 different service techies drove my car cos i asked them if it was my car playing up or an actual feature, they both found it did brake itself too. someone else tell me if their 08 civic DOESNT do it cos then i will be worried :S
    Are you mistaking engine braking for foot operated brakes?
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.