Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    a 5mm spacer takes 5mm off the thread... and thats a fair bit of thread to not have...

Doesn't matter if you torqued them down or not properly the extra stress can just strip the studs...
    I'm not saying that it will; but it very well could happen

Running an open air filter or exhaust is not really a safety issue as such...

You wheel falling off; car spinning out of control and taking out some innocent pedestrian on the other hand is something to be concerned about it...

So stop trying to justify it and piss off
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    Spacers are freaking spacers.

Drew has a great point about safety. Mods like exhaust and intakes being illegal aren't a safety hazard. Mods like Brakes and wheels are a safety hazard.

Macoman69 - I tightened them perfectly fine. Stop trying to justify it. 5mm is 5mm, that 5mm is HALF a CM, which is a s#%t load of thread you getting rid off. Feel free to use them if you want... but if your wheel falls off while your VTECing, I won't be remotely sympathetic.

Back to original statement - Buy new wheels with correct offset, orrr... if you HAVE to use spacers, buy ARP extended wheel studs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    a 5mm spacer takes 5mm off the thread... and thats a fair bit of thread to not have...

Doesn't matter if you torqued them down or not properly the extra stress can just strip the studs...
    I'm not saying that it will; but it very well could happen

Running an open air filter or exhaust is not really a safety issue as such...

You wheel falling off; car spinning out of control and taking out some innocent pedestrian on the other hand is something to be concerned about it...

So stop trying to justify it and piss off
    Ok fine lets put into perspective. Someone running canards on their car ive seen plenty of ppl do it yet if you hit someone chances are you will slice their freaken leg off.
    Carbon bonnets and wings HEAPS of ppl running them yet everybody has heard what might happen if your in a head on collision with a carbon bonnet = no more head.

Ok lets say you take 5mm off the studs. I know at least 5 ppl that have been running a hubcentric spacer with no problems who track their cars and drive on the street and have had no problems in the years they have been running them, This is due to correct design and not shotty universal crappy spacers.

And just to prove you wrong look at what Muzz the freakin TECHNICAL MODERATOR for ozhonda has to say.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=31

So before acting like a tough guy and telling ppl to piss off why dont you get your facts straight........fcukwit

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=83920&page=5

safe and legal way to do spacers.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Ive got a dc2r with dc5r wheels and 3mm spacers on the front. With a wheel balance and alignment, the car handles smoothly and safely with no steering wheel vibrations.... Honestly, I cant notice they are there.....

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    Yes they are...

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    spacers with studs.

For bigger spacers... they add studs on them.

They do the same thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...a genameZWD2V - they are safer - wouldn't recommend dodgy Ebay brands though.

I'm sorry if you guys think spacers are not dodgy and are totally fine - I just don't share the same views.

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Quote Originally Posted by macoman69 View Post
    Ok fine lets put into perspective. Someone running canards on their car ive seen plenty of ppl do it yet if you hit someone chances are you will slice their freaken leg off.
    Carbon bonnets and wings HEAPS of ppl running them yet everybody has heard what might happen if your in a head on collision with a carbon bonnet = no more head.

Ok lets say you take 5mm off the studs. I know at least 5 ppl that have been running a hubcentric spacer with no problems who track their cars and drive on the street and have had no problems in the years they have been running them, This is due to correct design and not shotty universal crappy spacers.

And just to prove you wrong look at what Muzz the freakin TECHNICAL MODERATOR for ozhonda has to say.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=31

So before acting like a tough guy and telling ppl to piss off why dont you get your facts straight........fcukwit

All of a sudden we went from spacers to exhaust to canards

Change the topic why don't you... Third time lucky?

Really doesn't matter if they are safe or not... they are still illegal hubcentric or not
    Last edited by Drew; 13-03-2008 at 08:52 PM.
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

can we use it as inner spacer if I alter (machined) the outer diameter ?

anybody know ?
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Eh Drew honestly cant be bothered.
    Each to their own.