Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro Luxury
    No Probs KenL, thanks for your advice joycetick/kenL, i ordered the Car2aux and should arrive next week, i think i might be fine to actually install it all myself, i am confident to install the Facia and Double Din Headunit only thing im iffy on is the wiring harness for Power, ground etc i dont know what wire to tap into from the main wiring harness or if i need to buy like an adapter.
    Any ideas, or should i get Northfield or JB HiFi to install?

Does any one know how to read the wiring diagram Euro Steve attached, i can understand it though dont really know where to go from there.
    Also is our OEM System known as the Premium Audio System with 8 speakers? I think it is somehow.

Talk soon
    Cheers
    John

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    When my euro was stock it only has 4 speakers:

the splits with tweeters
    and the 6×9s in the back

The speaker things in the back doors are empty

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 & 07 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_buzz View Post
    ... only thing im iffy on is the wiring harness for Power, ground etc i dont know what wire to tap into from the main wiring harness or if i need to buy like an adapter.
    Have a look at another thread EuroSteve started - has the pinouts you're looking for... http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83611

The wiring diagram is handy if you want to hijack your steering wheel controls as well but that doesn't seem to be necessary for your setup if I understand correctly (Kenwood HU into the Aux input of the OEM HU). You should be able to do the install yourself as your install doesn't sound overly complex.

Some ideas (feel free to ignore / correct me)...

I'd suggest actually running a separate power wire from the battery through a grommet in the front firewall (don't forget a fuse up next to the battery). There's a couple of options for ground points: pick off the harness, pick off the cigarette lighter ground, use a bolt which sits on the chassis. The rest (spkrs, ignition, dashlight signal etc.) you can tap from the harness - if you're really paranoid, stick an additional fast blow 3A fuse when you tap off the 12V ignition line to protect the other electronics on that circuit. Also don't forget to disconnect the batt when doing all this - sorry if this sounds obvious but my mate welded his screwdriver to the car once - wasn't fun...

If you're not wanting to tap the main harness, get a male/female harness that fits the existing OEM plug/socket (btw - anybody know where to get a plug that fits the OEM HU? I could only find the socket that fits into the wiring harness from ryda.com.au ... wreckers maybe?).
    Last edited by KenL; 05-03-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey thanks KenL,

I am so not car install savvy, but from what you have said i can understand all except the "dont forget fuse up next batt", does this mean to connect a wire from the fuse box through the firewall to the + wire, you dont actually mean directly to the battery terminal do you? Sorry mate i am really not the best with this stuff.
    I will be using this guide
    http://www.kenwood-electronics.com.m...stallation.pdf

Do you know what colour each wire is, the Guide on EuroSteves post doesnt quite give that?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I think he means for your power to your unit. Put a fuse between your +ve batt terminal and your+ve into your kenwood unit. I think 15amp fuse is pretty normal for a head unit don't quote me on it though, double check.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey i think i might just piggy back of the Main Harness plug, but will defiantly use a fuse between the batt and +ive wire.
    I thought that by hooking it in to a live wire in the fuse box next to the battery and then use a fuse between that and the HU that was how it would be done.
    Thanks for your help guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post

BTW I have already done this long time ago for a friend, I reckon thats the only way to do it properly if you want to install double din

sorry to bring up the old thread, how big is this double din bracket ? would it fit a 7" screen in ? or does it have to be smaller ?
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Honda Accord Euro
    jb_buzz, why not connect it straight to the battery since its only a couple more centimeters away. headunits can draw a fair bit of power, especially with subs which could blow the fuse for that wire your tapping into.
    Also, wouldnt connecting straight to the battery will give you a better connection anyway?

I dont see any benefits by connecting to that live wire except for saving a few cm of cable
    btw i havnt installed an aftermarket sterio before, so you might want to wait for someone else to confirm/correct me

r-r-redEuro, din is a standard size across all vehicles

if your talking about molding a screen that would normally stick to the dash/window with a sunction cap, its just right for a 7" widescreen, although different manufactorers can have varying case dimensions (im pritty sure the lilliput 619 is one of the monitors that fit)

otherwise any double din stereo units from pioneer/other simmilar brands (like in the picture) will fit
    Last edited by joycetick; 12-03-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    sorry to bring up the old thread, how big is this double din bracket ? would it fit a 7" screen in ? or does it have to be smaller ?
    It can fit 7" but the width is a bit wider so there's a gap on the side but they provide you with a foam to fill the gap. I will install my double din headunit this weekend.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by joycetick View Post

I dont see any benefits by connecting to that live wire except for saving a few cm of cable
    btw i havnt installed an aftermarket sterio before, so you might want to wait for someone else to confirm/correct me
    Because the battery is a lousy place to connect... for starters its covered in acid and dirt, and looks ugly.

Theres a 20A B+, A+ and earth in the drivers kick panel, and the 100A B+ in the engine bay, why bother running an ugly wire to the battery that will be unreliable and unsafe*?

* few people who do these things do electrical work as well as OEM

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey Joycetick, i am totally hopeless with this, i tried last week end and tapped into the Wiring harness but like you said blew a fuse for the radio. Stupid me (well not so stupid) thought to check the RADIO fuse in the kick panel, Fuse 5 but it was fine, so i thought i stuffed up my whole radio, my HVAC controls and air con still worked. Then i was looking arounnd in this forum to find why and stumbled upon another post that said Fuse 6 the Interior Lighting is the Fuse that covers the Constant power to the radio, looked and it was blown replaced that and all working again, but still have not installed my Unit, too scared im gunna stuff my car again.
    Hopefully getting it installed professionally this weekend, but if any one has like a stupids guide to wiring it in the Accord Euro with photos that would be good, including were to connect it to the battery, how to get the wire throught the firewall etc, were to find a Switched + connection and were best to gorund it. plus were to put fuses.
    Remember i am hopeless, although once i see how to do it in photos end stuff im pretty good.
    When i was fiddling with brackets and fascia etc, i put it all together (without wiring) and it looks great, cannot wait to get it all wired up.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated
    Cheers
    John

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    John,

go to northfield in moorooka, I have only heard great things from them (might be a while til they can book you into a saturday though).

I got my audio install from complete car sound and I have had nothing but regrets since.

I suppose you can use a factory ground point but some people say you shouldn't. There is a grommet in the firewall on the passenger side that can be tricky to get a wire through. If you need to see, your very welcome to come have a look at my car.

____╔══════╗____
    OOO/ATT41\OOO
    ╚══════╝