Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux

Centre console and audio controls dont light up.

My centre console and audio controls don't light up at all.

I parked the car at the gym, came back and it just didn't light up.

I've checked all the fuses, interior and under the bonnet, they're all ok.

Car has no mods at all. So i havent played around with the electricals.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Is there another fuse box apart from the one in the driver side kick panel and under the bonnet?

Thanks for the help.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    Thanks. I did a search before, but nothing came up, must've put the wrong key words in.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Honda will replace the whole unit it if you are still under warranty, if not, you will have to pay for a new unit even if everything else is working.

bump*

you might have got in before my edit!

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    Its not under warranty anymore, i've got a 2003 model, they might do it under good will...

But i doubt it..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey i currently have this problem with my euro. I was told by a honda dealer that i need a "change over unit". Cost around $500 inc installation. But before they do that they want to run some test. Which costs around $50-150. I should be booking mine in for the tests next week if i have time.

D R U where are you located?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    As previously stated in the other thread, contact Honda Australia yourself and they will direct you with what needs to occur. Explain that you know others that have had this issue in the past and Honda Australia has replaced the unit under good will.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Hey i currently have this problem with my euro. I was told by a honda dealer that i need a "change over unit". Cost around $500 inc installation. But before they do that they want to run some test. Which costs around $50-150. I should be booking mine in for the tests next week if i have time.

D R U where are you located?
    I've had the same problem with a 2003 model as well. Keep us informed how it goes.
    2003 Honda Accord Euro

K&N Sports Filter - 17"x7" ROH Mantis Wheels - OEM Driving Lights - Dark-As Tinted Windows...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    There a TSX service bulletin regarding this fault.
    http://www.acuraworld.com/tsb/TSX/b04-021.pdf

How hard could it be to fix? I mean the hardest part is dismantling the unit, after that, you probably just need to resolder a dry joint somewhere, or replace a simple component you can get from Jaycar
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    Im in the strathfield area.

I called up larke hoskins today and asked them the price for a complete replacement unit..

$1500...

"How hard could it be to fix? I mean the hardest part is dismantling the unit, after that, you probably just need to resolder a dry joint somewhere, or replace a simple component you can get from Jaycar"

That's my thoughts exactly, and taking it apart shouldnt be that difficult - someone did a DIY on changing the dash lights - i might follow that and take a look at the circuitry.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's a failure inside the circuit board.... Good luck finding out which component. If it was me, I'd pick up the radio unit from the wreckers, and swap circuit boards. The swapping is DIY-able.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2