Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04's Euro Lux Auto

Unhappy Euro Ravs low when still

Hello everyone,

Sorry maybe this issue has been discussed before ,but I cannot find relating topic by searching the forum.

Mine is Euro 04's lux auto stock, the problem is when the car stands still the revs is only around 600 / 700 rpms, I think it's lower than everage (normal), isn't it?

I just wonder how much revs does everyone normally have when the car is resting? Any opinion or advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers!
    Last edited by victor_0012001; 03-04-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Mine is a manual 04 model and is around that range when stationary.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    The K24A3 revs at 650rpm, yes its a bit lower than usual, I guess i-VTEC has something to do with it.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04's Euro Lux Auto
    I mean the rev is pointing at only slightly above 500 rpm when resting, is that normal? Besides, when the car is off on road, the engine is not quite responsive between 1000 – 2000 rpm (lack of torque?) until revd above 2000 or 2500, and then the performance appears. So I just wonder is it the way Euro (VTEC) is designed like. (Since I never drive a Honda before)
    I drove a 97 Camry before and the car is actually quite responsive at low rev, while my Euro is not quite responsive at low revs as a comparison, of course when revs reaches 2500 or higher, Euro smokes Camry. But I mean at low rev, I just can’t feel any power. So I wonder if anyone’s Euro is like this?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by victor_0012001 View Post
    I mean the rev is pointing at only slightly above 500 rpm when resting, is that normal? Besides, when the car is off on road, the engine is not quite responsive between 1000 – 2000 rpm (lack of torque?) until revd above 2000 or 2500, and then the performance appears. So I just wonder is it the way Euro (VTEC) is designed like. (Since I never drive a Honda before)
    I drove a 97 Camry before and the car is actually quite responsive at low rev, while my Euro is not quite responsive at low revs as a comparison, of course when revs reaches 2500 or higher, Euro smokes Camry. But I mean at low rev, I just can’t feel any power. So I wonder if anyone’s Euro is like this?
    This is typical of a Euro auto.It's due to the high gearing.The manual doesn't have this problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04's Euro Lux Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    This is typical of a Euro auto.It's due to the high gearing.The manual doesn't have this problem.
    So it is actually normal for auto Euro... if it's true I am a little disppointed with Euro's low rev performance...(high revs is perfect though)

Guys who have auto Euros, what are your experiences? You think your Euro have enough power at lower range revs or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Was the 97 camry a 4cyl or V6?

4cyl's tend to have low power at low rev, but makes up for it at mid-high revs by using vtec.
    honda engines love to rev high so you can keep the revs higher than normal.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04's Euro Lux Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Was the 97 camry a 4cyl or V6?

4cyl's tend to have low power at low rev, but makes up for it at mid-high revs by using vtec.
    honda engines love to rev high so you can keep the revs higher than normal.
    The Camry is a 4cyl's, its high revs is dead, but it seems to be more responsive at low revs (under 2000).
    Maybe as you said I've got used to drive a Camry, but the Euro is a totally different drive, so I need to adopt its driving style - revs harder : D

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04's Euro Lux Auto

Thank you Crapdaz, Tony1234,Euordude, for replying me so quickly.
    I'd like to collect more ideas from other friends, specially people having auto euro. To make my topic clear, I agian address the two issues:
    1. revs when the car is standing (mine is only slightly above 500 rpm, maybe 600 rpm..);
    2. low revs performance 1/2000 rpm (personally I cannot feel power this range)
    I just want to know if my car is normal like this, so i'd like to hear more thoughts. thx !

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    Correct me if I am wrong. Doesn't higher Rev means more Petro? Do you really want that with Todays Patro price?
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04's Euro Lux Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by eurosp View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. Doesn't higher Rev means more Petro? Do you really want that with Todays Patro price?
    Haha, of course that's not what I want. I'm not really a car enthusiastic, so my knowedge is very limited.
    It's just becasue the cars I've driven before generally had higher revs when standing (on everage about 700rpm) So you reckon for my case, this is all normal for Honda Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    If the engine is idling below 650rpm, that can be caused by a number of things.

A/C taking too much power from the engine (but the engine should compensate and rise the revs)
    Dirty Air filter. Check/Clean it or replace it if necessary.
    Clogged Fuel Filter. Replace it if its old.
    Dirty throttle body or injectors, but that shouldn't be the case since the car is only a few years old.

Try resetting the ECU and see how that goes, this will force the ECU to re-learn how to run the engine. To do this, remove the BACKUP fuse, or simply disconnect the battery for a minute. The drivers power window will fail to auto-wind after the battery is disconnected, but all you need to do is wind the window down, hold it down for another 2 seconds, wind the window up, then hold it up for 2 seconds

ps. keeping the revs higher while cruising wont use much more petrol. Acceleration is the big fuel guzzler.
    .© ♪