Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    lol - oh yeah, no doubt it has an effect, but not on something as strong as an engine?
    i could be wrong but it wouldnt make sense if other cars have scoops and nothing happens to them .

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by rice_civic View Post
    uneven heating and cooling causes warping and if this warping is severe enough it will cause cracking.

you could try some vents rather than a scoop. if you want something a little more subtle, a civic i looked at buying ages ago had one. looked pretty decent, definately better than a wrx scoop, leave them to subarus and hyundais ( i am NOT saying they look good on hyundais!)
    Yeah vents sound good

Got any info on them?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    i read an article somewhere that showed that rear bonnet lifting raised engine bay temp as instead of the air eascaping down underneath the car it went up and swirled in the engine bay increasing engine bay temps.

i would be more so trying heat wraps and turbo bag. one of those ones that go over the hot side of the turbo charger. can be had for around 200-250 bucks.

wrap the header and dump and done.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    i read an article somewhere that showed that rear bonnet lifting raised engine bay temp as instead of the air eascaping down underneath the car it went up and swirled in the engine bay increasing engine bay temps.

i would be more so trying heat wraps and turbo bag. one of those ones that go over the hot side of the turbo charger. can be had for around 200-250 bucks.

wrap the header and dump and done.
    I've got the tin thingy that came with kit that bolts into the log manifold ... might install it and see if that helps

It too many problems with wrap to bother IMO
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 07-04-2008 at 10:26 PM.

dont have any info on them. just a guess though. if you cut the holes for them so you avoid the supports in the bonnet then you shouldnt alter the integrity of the bonnet. which i would assume would keep the authorities happy.

as for the cars that have bonnet scoops you wold notice that normally the only thing that is under there is an intercooler. wrx and 4wds are like this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Sounds like you really want a scoop more than wanting to cool your engine bay down.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aznpsuazn View Post
    Sounds like you really want a scoop more than wanting to cool your engine bay down.
    lo I don't think so...

They look a bit gay IMO but my bonnet looks so crap now I was hoping to cover it up...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    yeah install that heat shield deflect heat down and away from the bonnet
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    yeah install that heat shield deflect heat down and away from the bonnet
    it won't deflect heat down. Heat always rises.

What it will do however is absorb most of the heat that would normally be heading straight for his bonnet

Turbo bag, HPC Coating and a heat shield should give you great heat management.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY00 GC8 WRX
    Not enough rain would get onto the engine even in the biggest downpour to do any damage. If your worried go for a reverse scoop similar to the shape of the r34 z-tune, i've seen single scoop versions of this design on eg civics in my area.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    do you have a half size radiator?

you could try getting one of those - which would create a fair bit of space (where the other half of the radiator previously was) in which air could flow through from the front bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    do you have a half size radiator?

you could try getting one of those - which would create a fair bit of space (where the other half of the radiator previously was) in which air could flow through from the front bar.
    not sure

Here's what I have