Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport 07 Auto

Noise from Engine/Transmission between 68-78km/h

Got a 07 Civic Sport Auto.
    Driving at speed between 68km/h to 78km/h, I get a high pitch noise, which sounds like diff is worn out...
    Took down to a dealer, and their excuse was that it is an induction noise... which I think load of crap.

Anyone having same problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    maybe if you had differnt intake
    Last edited by cracker; 15-04-2008 at 11:29 AM.

change your fuel mate.. I did have a problem like that once.. when I used mobil I think.. but now I just use premium

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    What type of noise?? High pitch squeeling noise? Does it happen contantly, or only when on throttle?

it could be tyre noise

do you have a aftermarket intake or any other modifications to your engine ?

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    Yeah worn out dif is highly unlikely.

mate, I get this noise when i drive 60 - 80 with light throttle.. light throttle to just gain minimal speed.. try using a different type of fuel.. I think my fd works best with v-power..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport 07 Auto
    Car's a stock one...

warwick108,
    Didn't know fuel could make any differences. Will give it a go with prmium fuel next time.
    Problem with v-power though, is that it is always out of stock in Sydney Shell stations...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    what about the bp premium stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by TK1 View Post
    Car's a stock one...

warwick108,
    Didn't know fuel could make any differences. Will give it a go with prmium fuel next time.
    Problem with v-power though, is that it is always out of stock in Sydney Shell stations...
    though luck to try it this week mate... did u guys see the price of V-Power this week????

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Hi I don't mean to hijack the thread but what fuel do you guys actually use?
    The dealer told me use Premium 91 and I usually put Shell Premium 91 but I'm more inclined to go to the Premium 95 but worried that the car is not tuned for that petrol. Can someone shed me some light on this? Is it ok to put a stock FD2 civic on Premium 95 and which brand of petrol is best? As mentioned i'm more inclined to go with Shell