Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by dynosaur View Post
    my car is ITR ,

can I direct install CTR cam into my B18C without changing anything ( valves , spring etc...) ?

just direct swap ?
    no benefit if you have a 98+ ITR as it's the same.. if you have pre-98.. it ain't even worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    what kinda compression are we talking about for the type c cams? whould it work on a b16b with spoon head gasket?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    no benefit if you have a 98+ ITR as it's the same.. if you have pre-98.. it ain't even worth it...
    intake cam is diff
    but yes. not even worth it
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    I cant believe this thread is still going from 2004...

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by jords View Post
    I cant believe this thread is still going from 2004...
    yeah i bumped it

but as most will agree.. it's better than every n00b starting a new post...

i actually found this in the all-motor or tech faq which everyone should visit more often... like you said its old.. good threads like this with plenty info in it get lost for that reason...

most of the +rep i give or on old posts like these i find...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    ok, im gonna add to this 2004 thread.
    i have a B18CR, and i was looking for the correct camshaft and camgears to upgrade to. After reading this thread, Toda A camshaft and camgears are the way to go if you dont want to change any of the valves, springs/retainers etc.
    Anyone tried buddyclub spec 3 camgears and camshaft? would it be necessary to upgrade the valves/springs/retainers (not that i want to. no money for that after cams). considering its a ITR engine we are working with

cheers

jre

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post
    ok, im gonna add to this 2004 thread.
    i have a B18CR, and i was looking for the correct camshaft and camgears to upgrade to. After reading this thread, Toda A camshaft and camgears are the way to go if you dont want to change any of the valves, springs/retainers etc.
    Anyone tried buddyclub spec 3 camgears and camshaft? would it be necessary to upgrade the valves/springs/retainers (not that i want to. no money for that after cams). considering its a ITR engine we are working with

cheers

jre
    Spec 3 do not require valves, springs, retainers to be changed.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    thanks.
    if i was to upgrade the valve/springs and retianers, would i be looking at a much better gain or would it be the same as the current valve and springs on the ITR

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Hi, Jezzah if you were going to keep your dc2 N/A why dont you consider spending a bit more money and doing your head up? like toda b cams or shunk 2 stage 2 cams, with springs, stems, retainers etc. its a bit more money but the return would be much greater... just my 2 cents
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    Thats what i had in mind, i'll do that instead, springs valves and retainers arent too expensive.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    i have todaB in my b18cR, with standard piston. mid to high rpm range, quite good. low rpm, sigh, i'm not happy 95% of the time using the car since its a daily. i rather a TodaA2, it has low cam of specA and high cam of SpecB, best of both world..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    never heard of TodaA2, but i'll look into it. ^ have got any upgraded springs or valve? or are you just running the camshaft with stock internals?