HELP ! ANY 14" tyres for EG civic ??

i am looking for some performence tyres for my eg

but now, my car is running with a set of 14' Enkei wheels

and they looks goods... so i dont want to go up with 15

however, there are not much performence tyres for 14....

any suggestion ??? and please let me know where can i get that

i just find falken Azenis RT215 is suitable for 14'

any comment ??

thanks for help >.<

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Too right there arent many peformance biased tyres these days in 14" anymore.

I had the same dilemenma on my ED9 crx which had some a set of 14" on it. Thought about making do with Bridgestone GIII or BFG G force sport but they were cheap at $130-140 each which is very $$$ for 185/60R14.

When I saw the Bridgestone Tyre Centre's june special on the Re001 in 195/50R15 for $119 that made the decision for me; I sourced a set of used EK4 alloys to suit the great value tyres in 50 profile.

The falken RT series tyres would be great for half serious track work and autokhanas ( r u sure they sell in your size? ), but dont expect them to last long for everyday driving or quiet. They are mid way between high performance street tyre and R compound tyres like Toyo R888, RE55s and the like.

Or if you insist on keeping your 14s, and if you can find someone you source you new tyres from Japan, performance 14s still marketed in Japan. The new supertyre ( street tyre ) from Bridgestone the RE11 ( sucessor to the RE01R)for example are avail in 185/60R14.

Also trackside motorsport tyres sells the RE01R in Aust, you might confirm price and avail with them. Dont expect them to be cheap though, my guess they would be in the $180-200 region each.

http://www.tracksidetyres.com.au/potenza_re01r.html

Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    Too right there arent many peformance biased tyres these days in 14" anymore.

I had the same dilemenma on my ED9 crx which had some a set of 14" on it. Thought about making do with Bridgestone GIII or BFG G force sport but they were cheap at $130-140 each which is very $$$ for 185/60R14.

When I saw the Bridgestone Tyre Centre's june special on the Re001 in 195/50R15 for $119 that made the decision for me; I sourced a set of used EK4 alloys to suit the great value tyres in 50 profile.

The falken RT series tyres would be great for half serious track work and autokhanas ( r u sure they sell in your size? ), but dont expect them to last long for everyday driving or quiet. They are mid way between high performance street tyre and R compound tyres like Toyo R888, RE55s and the like.

Or if you insist on keeping your 14s, and if you can find someone you source you new tyres from Japan, performance 14s still marketed in Japan. The new supertyre ( street tyre ) from Bridgestone the RE11 ( sucessor to the RE01R)for example are avail in 185/60R14.

Also trackside motorsport tyres sells the RE01R in Aust, you might confirm price and avail with them. Dont expect them to be cheap though, my guess they would be in the $180-200 region each.

http://www.tracksidetyres.com.au/potenza_re01r.html

thanks a lot for your reply !

i found one set of RT215 which are made in 2003 ... are they still ok for use ?

they are 120 each , not too bad...

i will still keep the 14' .... till i got the money for a good looking 15'

thanks again for help ^.^

Member Array
    Car:
    Swift ZC31s
    I'll be very cautious about tracking tyres that are 5 years old, eventhough they have never been mounted on rims.

I believe 5 years is the expiry for most tyres. But for street driven cars, shouldn't be a problem, as the tyre is not stressed like on a race track.

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    I'll be very cautious about tracking tyres that are 5 years old, eventhough they have never been mounted on rims.

I believe 5 years is the expiry for most tyres. But for street driven cars, shouldn't be a problem, as the tyre is not stressed like on a race track.
    i am not using them for track , just for road use....

coz my civic is running on a set of crap tyres .... BS RE88 ...

they are shIT !!!!

so @@ are they still useable, coz the guy said they keep away from sunlight all the time... and they still very soft ....

and one of the online trader in OZ forum still have them for 14'

so, thats why i am going to buy them for better performence ....

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    for $120 in a size where you dont have much choices, if it was me I would give them a shot. Bear in mind it would the additional cost of getting it fitted and balanced at a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    for $120 in a size where you dont have much choices, if it was me I would give them a shot. Bear in mind it would the additional cost of getting it fitted and balanced at a shop.
    ... i asked RT615 already , and they are 180 -200 each ....

thats what i am thinking... try to give them a try .... ><