Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Integra Luxury

Suspension options for a DC5 Luxury

As above. I thought i would post here instead of the integra forums. But i'm looking at getting some suspension mods for my dc5 luxury. Looking at a rear sway bar first, then a front strut later on.

Am i right in saying that I should get a rear sway bar first to minimize the understeering?
    then i'll be looking at a 3pt strut bar - i know these work as i had one in my subaru liberty before i went honda.

what options/brands should i look at? mugen replica?

suspension n00b alert
    Last edited by m0nk3y; 01-07-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Find this post useful? Give me some rep points

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Get front and rear whiteline sway bar=value for money=reduce under/over steer.

Get carbing strut bar they are the best on the marketing.
    www.carbing.co.jp or PM JDMYARD. The advantages of Carbing products are lightweight plus solid build quality.

Coilover: Start look at Tein SS=value for money=good for daily and mild track works.

Hope those info give you some ideas.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nk3y View Post
    As above. I thought i would post here instead of the integra forums. But i'm looking at getting some suspension mods for my dc5 luxury. Looking at a rear sway bar first, then a front strut later on.

what options/brands should i look at? mugen replica?
    Negative on the replica parts.

Getting a rear sway bar is definitely a good idea. If you were looking for a cheap upgrade you could get a JDM DC5R 22mm or if you want stiffer whiteline or any of the JDM manufacturers offer 24mm and up bars.

A good alignment and a good set of tyres will do more to make your car handle better though.

Are you planning on getting coilovers or different springs and dampers?

If you are looking for a front or rear strut brace I would definitely be looking at carbing ones, as their designs are all one piece meaning they are much stiffer than a strut bar that has joints. Also go the painted steel ones as they will be stiffer and they are also much cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Integra Luxury
    Coilovers - i'm not sure whether i'll be getting them, well not soon at least

are the carbing strut braces attach to the firewall (ie 3pt) or are they 2pt?? as i think the DC5R has a 3pt strut brace, where as the Luxury DC5 like mine dont have a mounting point on the firewall i dont think.
    2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Find this post useful? Give me some rep points