Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    That's funny, I needed a spare tyre back in Oct 2007 (nail thru the side wall) and at the time was informed by more than one store that the RE040 in 225/45R17 had been discontinued. So I ended up getting one RE001 and sticking it in the boot as an odd spare with the intention of getting another when the time came to get new tyres.

After reading the posts above I got back onto the Bridgestone website and low and behold there lists a 225/45/17 in the RE040 range.

Did they ever discontinue that tyre for a short period of time or did I just get dud information?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one View Post
    That's funny, I needed a spare tyre back in Oct 2007 (nail thru the side wall) and at the time was informed by more than one store that the RE040 in 225/45R17 had been discontinued. So I ended up getting one RE001 and sticking it in the boot as an odd spare with the intention of getting another when the time came to get new tyres.

After reading the posts above I got back onto the Bridgestone website and low and behold there lists a 225/45/17 in the RE040 range.

Did they ever discontinue that tyre for a short period of time or did I just get dud information?
    Which shop was that? I would have asked a bridgestone tyre centre.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    It was never discontinued. I was quoted $375 at a Tyrepower for one just a few weeks ago.
    | cusco strut brace : toda headers : metal cat : fujitsubo legalisR : comptech SS : mugen visors : mugen CF airbox : euroR badges : custom 3M floor mats |

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I have recently changed over from my OEM RE040 to RE001. I had the RE040 since new and after approx. 55000 K's its had enough, mostly motorway driving.

As you know, worn tyres vs new ones are hard to compare for obvious reasons but I'll do my best.

Road noise on the RE040 were very good when new and was quite impressed. Until you meet cement/concrete surfaces, especially the F1 up to Newcastle, NSW. Most tyres are fairly loud on these surfaces anyway, but the RE001 did have improvements, the cabin feels a lot more quiet. If you compare both on bitumen, basically the same.

Grip wise, the RE001 is much better. Can never seem to get VSA to kick in during hard cornering, its glued to the ground, even in the wet. Less fun of course

If anyone has had experience with Bridgestone's S03 then you will know these are good and for $278 per corner, why not? It's still a new tyre and hardly any reviews so people are undecided, but if you are planning to change from RE040's to RE001, its a better tyre and cheaper, you got nothing to lose.

These tyres won't last me as long as they are much softer, the only downside to them.

I was told by BTC that RE040's are discontinued but stock is still available, untill they run out.

BTW, $278 is for 225/45/R17. Includes balance plus fitting. North Parramatta BTC.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tpphan View Post
    I have recently changed over from my OEM RE040 to RE001. I had the RE040 since new and after approx. 55000 K's its had enough, mostly motorway driving.

As you know, worn tyres vs new ones are hard to compare for obvious reasons but I'll do my best.

Road noise on the RE040 were very good when new and was quite impressed. Until you meet cement/concrete surfaces, especially the F1 up to Newcastle, NSW. Most tyres are fairly loud on these surfaces anyway, but the RE001 did have improvements, the cabin feels a lot more quiet. If you compare both on bitumen, basically the same.

Grip wise, the RE001 is much better. Can never seem to get VSA to kick in during hard cornering, its glued to the ground, even in the wet. Less fun of course

If anyone has had experience with Bridgestone's S03 then you will know these are good and for $278 per corner, why not? It's still a new tyre and hardly any reviews so people are undecided, but if you are planning to change from RE040's to RE001, its a better tyre and cheaper, you got nothing to lose.

These tyres won't last me as long as they are much softer, the only downside to them.

I was told by BTC that RE040's are discontinued but stock is still available, untill they run out.

BTW, $278 is for 225/45/R17. Includes balance plus fitting. North Parramatta BTC.
    For RE001 in Sydney, give Bob Jane in Hornsby a call for pricing. They have been the cheapest for Re001 in 205/55 R16. Maybe they are cheaper than others for 225/45 R17 as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Which shop was that? I would have asked a bridgestone tyre centre.
    A couple of Bridgestone outlets. I guess the stores I called didn't have any excess stock of the RE040.

Just for info, I picked up my RE001 for $284 from a BTC.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    How much did you pay for them and what size do you have?
    I got them with the Type S rim factory tyre 215/45/R17, fairly worn though, I've gone shopping and have been quoted $380,372 and 365 per tyre fitted and $99 with 80 percent tread and $72 fitted with 50 percent tread. In Brisbane

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Gene View Post
    It was never discontinued. I was quoted $375 at a Tyrepower for one just a few weeks ago.
    $375 for RE040,they must be on drugs.I can get CSC3s for $380.Which is the better tyre???

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    $375 for RE040,they must be on drugs.I can get CSC3s for $380.Which is the better tyre???
    REO40 are badly over rated and not worth that much, they ripping you off or on some serious drugs as Tony1234 suggests

Try Michelins PP2's they served me well till now great in the wet aswell and not that pricey as above......$270-$320 depending how hard you search.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm sticking to my RE001 in 205/55 R16. Paid $165 fitted and balanced at Bob Jane Hornsby!!! So much cheaper than the 17" ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    I'm sticking to my RE001 in 205/55 R16. Paid $165 fitted and balanced at Bob Jane Hornsby!!! So much cheaper than the 17" ones.

I can see why, that's cheap

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    I can see why, that's cheap
    Plus, if I had aftermarket rims, they wouldn't stay on my car for long. I'd find it on bricks............