Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Honda Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by avid View Post
    Is it just me or can anyone else see that the Japs have totally screwed up the Euros previous refined good looks.Its lost that agile nimble stance.
    Just took new Euro for a test drive while waiting for my Euro to be serviced.Not impressed at all.Wont be trading up to this model.I agree entirely with LXRY's findings except the steering which i found to be less responsive,very little feed back to the driver of the cars attitude and the road surface/conditions.Wondering too about early build quality.Have a look at the fit of the sill where it meets the front guard!!
    But by far its least redeeming feature is that its just GOD AWFUL FUGLY .
    Too bulky looking especially the front bumper overhang,particularly from side on.Its got a big fat arse and still a tiny boot area.The wide front Civic type flares lack class and refinement, i'm guessing the yanks will love it,but its not going to sell here like the previous model.
    Even a couple of people from the dealership felt it wasn't as good looking as the earlier model,and that they had received similar comments already.
    The wheels are boring,even the 18's look like some cheap wheel from Joe Blows Wheel & Tyre shop.Dont even start me on the looks of the optional wheels.
    What is it with Honda,they do this every few years...bring out a winning design,then totally screw it up in the next major model change.I'm really disappointed,i was hoping to trade up at the end of the year,but i'll be looking else where for the first time in over 25 years.
    This is in response to avid's post. I think I agree that the size of new Euro has grown significantly... for comparison sake, look at the pictures below (CD Accord put against new Euro/TSX side by side) - specially look at the front end lol (the new Euro looks kinda big):

[Courtesy of HS and SiRcd5.]

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Also drove the CL2 luxury.

18" michelin are a nice improvement from the 17" potenza's and the road noise was much improved on the previous model.

Fabric on the standard Euro is worse than the old model, looks and feels cheaper but according to the dealer is harder wearing.
    Memory function is an appreciated add-on on the luxury as are the parking sensors.

Rear-leg room is no better than the old car and still cramped at the knees. Okay for children but not for long drives or tall adults. Front room is improved with wider seats and plenty of leg-room. The Civic-like steering wheel is light and responsive but I am used to (and prefer) the old Euro.
    Don't like the buttons, ergonomics of the steering wheel buttons and the dash / dials. It looks too cluttered.

Boot is horrible. I can forgive a space-saver with 18" rims. But it is uneven and looks smaller and less usable than the old Euro which is unforgivable in a larger car.

MP3 inputs and CD-deck are appreciated and it should have been included in the old Euro's years ago! Glove-box vents are a gimmick and keeps things nether cool nor hot enough to be of much use.

Driving: Suspension slightly more compliant and more refined. Less jarred and stiff over bumps and definitely a smoother ride although still well tuned and balanced for fast cornering. Power feels less than the old-model and it reminded me more of the American Accord than the old-CL9 Euro. The touted 10 speaker stereo sounded nice but wasn't exceptional. Fit and finish is worse than the old CL9 and I spotted several interior trim panels that didn't line up.

Braking was inferior to the old model - less grip and bite and the front nose dived when I stepped hard on the brake.

It's a good drive and good value for money. But apart from the cosmetic changes and small amenity improvements (e.g. MP3, heated vents, memory seats) IMHO not worth upgrading the old model for.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by skyflyer View Post
    This is in response to avid's post. I think I agree that the size of new Euro has grown significantly... for comparison sake, look at the pictures below (CD Accord put against new Euro/TSX side by side) - specially look at the front end lol (the new Euro looks kinda big):

[IMG]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/plng777/DSC01482.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/plng777/DSC01484.jpg[IMG]

[Courtesy of HS and SiRcd5.]
    Disagree. It is more of the angle of the shots. Take shots from the other side with the CD accord in front. I have a CD4 and the interior space is bigger than the CL9 Euro, and the car is slightly wider too. THe CD4 has a bigger boot, more leg room both at the front and at the rear. The CL9 is taller, that's it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    The TSX grille looks sooooooooo ugly.I wouldn't buy that car just of the look of the grille alone

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    - Looks ok but is quite bulky at both front and rear and seems to have lost the "sporty" look. Too many unresolved lines but looks better than the Mazda 6.
    I parked next to a new Mazda 6 sedan today.

If you don't like looks of the new Euro, you'll absolutely hate the Mazda 6!
    It looked so limp wristed against the euro...

Mazda 6... UGLY!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    My old euro:

My new euro:

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    - OEM wheels look crap! Lux 18's look like cheap aftermarket wheels and the 17's on the standard look worse. I have been happy to live with MY06 CL9 Luxury standard wheels but couldn't live with any of the CL2 wheel options.
    Yeah. I had a good look at the Lux's 18's today. Although better than my base's 17's, they still suck.
    My old CL9's 16's sucked the most.

Im going to try and convince the missus that a set 19's are the go!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    The TSX grille looks sooooooooo ugly.I wouldn't buy that car just of the look of the grille alone
    And they recon our grill sucks....

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by tanalasta View Post
    Braking was inferior to the old model - less grip and bite and the front nose dived when I stepped hard on the brake.
    There are very few things I don't like about my CU2, but the thing I hate about it most would be the brakes.

Yeah, they lack initial bite. But stand on them hard and they pull you up in a big hurry! I haven't had ABS kick in yet, which has really impressed me. Or at least I haven't felt that ABS shudder. I think they have definately tuned the brake force distribution and brake assist to be very smooth. It pulls up nice and straight. Pitty you have to really stand on it to do it though. I wonder if it can be adjusted? Complaints of the CL9 were that they were too grabby (I loved my CL9's brakes by the way).

I'll be getting new pads when they become available. EBC green stuff?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    There are very few things I don't like about my CU2, but the thing I hate about it most would be the brakes.

Yeah, they lack initial bite. But stand on them hard and they pull you up in a big hurry! I haven't had ABS kick in yet, which has really impressed me. Or at least I haven't felt that ABS shudder. I think they have definately tuned the brake force distribution and brake assist to be very smooth. It pulls up nice and straight. Pitty you have to really stand on it to do it though. I wonder if it can be adjusted? Complaints of the CL9 were that they were too grabby (I loved my CL9's brakes by the way).

Yeah,some decent pads will improve the pedal feel and pad bite.I've got Delphi pads rated to 500c.Nice pedal feel and pull you up in a hurry.Get Endless instead of EBC.I've heard they're hard on rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Yeah,some decent pads will improve the pedal feel and pad bite.I've got Delphi pads rated to 500c.Nice pedal feel and pull you up in a hurry.Get Endless instead of EBC.I've heard they're hard on rotors.
    We will have to wait and see what becomes available.
    Endless FTW!!! (can cost some big $$$ though)
    CU2 got grandma spec pads standard! Well it does fit in with the whole car's 'smoothness'.
    Seems like a waste of the bigger brakes to me.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Skip EBC green. They chew through rotors. Go for Endless SSY/SSS or Project Mu BSpec/NR.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2