Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    I'm not a professional but wouldn't it depend on the rest of your suspension?

i had a whiteline 18mm sway and tie bar combo on my EK and i think it was quite good... car stayed quite flat... but i also had aftermarket springs and shocks in my car too so i guess that contributed.

the softer and higher your car sits , the more wear and tear you will put on your swaybar (setup) This is the pivoting action which will tear out some swaybar kits...

Basically the problem with the *****line kit (new and old) is that there is no back plate which reinforces the actual subframe. The old and current new design kits still rely on "heavy duty mounts" , which in all honesty are only adding more stress to the tiny holes they mount upon ( the OEM mount holes) and , will eventually still fail.

I strongly recommend you get a ASR brace and a OEM EK9 or DC2R rear swaybar. Best kit on the market

will performance be any different between OEM sway and whiteline? how thick OEM sway should i be look at

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    the softer and higher your car sits , the more wear and tear you will put on your swaybar (setup) This is the pivoting action which will tear out some swaybar kits...

Basically the problem with the *****line kit (new and old) is that there is no back plate which reinforces the actual subframe. The old and current new design kits still rely on "heavy duty mounts" , which in all honesty are only adding more stress to the tiny holes they mount upon ( the OEM mount holes) and , will eventually still fail.

I strongly recommend you get a ASR brace and a OEM EK9 or DC2R rear swaybar. Best kit on the market

ive had both and both feel strong , only difference is the longevity.

Look at a OEM EK9 or DC2R rear swaybar. The EK9 comes with a 22mm rear swaybar and the DC2R comes with 22mm and 23mm swaybars.

which will fit better with the ASR? as in difficulty installing as i dont want to mod anything. just want to whack it on.

both wil fit the ASR kit for your car ( EG/DC or EK) you just need the kit to suit your car , and the endlinks to suit your car. Either swaybar (EK9 or DC2R) will fit

thanks for ur help ey. so if i get an ek9 sway, will that endlinks of them be ok? or do i have to get completely new ones to fit?

both wil fit the ASR kit for your car ( EG/DC or EK) you just need the kit to suit your car , and the endlinks to suit your car. Either swaybar (EK9 or DC2R) will fit

on your EK , you need EK9 or EK4 endlinks (they have to be longer , to join the EK rear lca mounting points)

PS on a DC/ED chassis , the LCA ajoins slightly higher , hence the shorter endlinks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    when installing the asr brace, how long does the lca bolt need to be?

i've got everything ready and about to install but looking at the lca bolt that i have in front of me (it's only 12cm long). the bolt needs to go through the asr brace, the lca, and pop out the otherside. is 12cm enough?

is the oem bolt long enough?

btw, it's for a stock em1

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by souperman View Post
    when installing the asr brace, how long does the lca bolt need to be?

i've got everything ready and about to install but looking at the lca bolt that i have in front of me (it's only 12cm long). the bolt needs to go through the asr brace, the lca, and pop out the otherside. is 12cm enough?

is the oem bolt long enough?

btw, it's for a stock em1
    The ASR ones for my ek are 12cm long, you got the correct bolts.

the softer and higher your car sits , the more wear and tear you will put on your swaybar
    Actually, for the purpose of good info, the lower the car sits the more stress placed on the swaybar. This is because lowering the car lowers the roll centre (point around which the cars body rolls during cornering) quite significantly, moving it further below the cars centre of gravity.

The larger distance between the roll centre, and the cars centre of gravity acts as a longer lever, and causes more roll. So basically lowering your car, is gunna produce more bodyroll.

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    The ASR ones for my ek are 12cm long, you got the correct bolts.

Actually, for the purpose of good info, the lower the car sits the more stress placed on the swaybar. This is because lowering the car lowers the roll centre (point around which the cars body rolls during cornering) quite significantly, moving it further below the cars centre of gravity.

The larger distance between the roll centre, and the cars centre of gravity acts as a longer lever, and causes more roll. So basically lowering your car, is gunna produce more bodyroll.
    you couldn't have it more right

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    its all about the backing plates on these subframe reinforcement kits.

ASR/BEAKS/Whiteline

whiteline brace i still see no backpiece like benji mentioned. looks like they tried to copy the design of the asr brace but forgot the most important parts which are the backing pieces the pretty much squishes the subframe together giving less stress.

the BEAKS kit comes with backings BUT reports the v1 still tears the subframe.. and supposdely the v2 doesnt?

asr is the way to go.. easy to install saves u big $$$