Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wiper blades

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta_One View Post
    The blade in the second pic was attatched to the OEM (I presume) rubber. The rubber slid into that plastic spin sort of thing which kept the rubber even on the windscreen. My new piece of rubber doesn't fit into it. Which is why im getting confused, I thought it was meant to. But I guess its not a honda part afterall.

I think the rubber I bought today isn't meant to have the metal clip on it, it just slides through the 10 slots and thats it. But its so flimsy without anything to make the pressure even. I'll just get some PIAA wipers or bosch now. OEM is way too annoying.

Sorry that this is so confusing, im still trying to figure out why it just wont work!
    I see. It is not your fault. When you bought the car, it had AFTERMARKET refills on the wiper. What you need to do is to take the refill on the right in the 1st pic (hopefully this is the one you recently bought), get the metal blades (which you don't seem to have in your pic) and then fit them on. If you buy PIAA wipers, they should come with the metal blades (I'll check when I get home to confirm with you).

Edit: Yes, PIAA wiper refills come with their own metal strips.
    Last edited by aaronng; 24-06-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    screeches due to grime on your window/blades and exposure to the sun drying out the rubber.

imho the 03-05 wipers were better cause they have the metal brackets that actually protected the rubber from sun exposure compared to the 06+ with just rubber strips.

bring it up with your dealers service department and see if they would change it under warranty.
    06 or newer models wipers are more protected from the sun compare to 03-05 models... the whole rubber wipper is hidden by the big rubber wiper holder.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    06 or newer models wipers are more protected from the sun compare to 03-05 models... the whole rubber wipper is hidden by the big rubber wiper holder.
    i'll have a closer look at my gf's euro to have a closer inspection.
    but i like the look of the older ones cause they look more solid than the new ones.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    My wiper blades were replaced today under warrany. On the service docket is also says that they:
    * removed the scuttle panel and retensioned and
    * wiper motor assembley was rechecked

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Yes thats right, but I've still yet to figure out how to remove the rubber wiper without breaking or over stretching the big wiper holder

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    Is there a trader on here that I can get the PIAA Wipers from?
    Otherwise I'll ebay it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic Hatchback
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta_One View Post
    I just got some wiper blades for my 05 Euro. Bought them from spare parts, it's only the rubber part. It appears that all I need to do is slide it through the clips in the wiper arm, but when I did that it smeared everywhere. When I looked closely at it, I can see pressure from the arm is on different parts of the blade, so the pressure isn't all evened out, causing a wave effect.

How do I fix it? I'll post up some pics soon as I can't explain this

These didn't come with metal strips either, it's all rubber so..

On the right is the new rubber and the left the old one. The one on the left (old rubber) fits into the slot, but the new one looks like it isn't meant to go in at all?

I am gettin exactly the same issue! Its driving me up the wall.

My wipes are only successfully clearing the window of water where the clips and inbetween the clips it is just smearing the water as the wiper blade is not making full contact with the window.

I installed these wipers not long ago and have been having this issue since the install of these wipers. They are expensive bosch ones.

When i installed the wipers i just used the wiper rubber itself... no clips or metal or wire to support them... just the rubber that i pushed through the clips on the wiperarm..

Not sure if i have done something wrong in the installation as i never read the manual...

Please advise on a fix or where i can get pre prepared wiper refills i can just slide straight in that will work a treat!

Thanks
    Mark

you are supposed to reuse the metal strips.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9 2005 Std
    But the rubber doesn't have any slot etc to put the metal clips on. I tried it and it just didn't work (Wasn't Honda clips though) so i don't know... I just bought some other brand. Using Bosch now. Most expensive wiper ever, but it's working really well.

that's weird. the oem metal strips don't clip, they just sit inside the grooves shown in yellow..

Anyone wants to upgrade to 06 wiper blades? I bought a pair but ended up not installing them as I'm selling the car..

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by curik View Post
    Anyone wants to upgrade to 06 wiper blades? I bought a pair but ended up not installing them as I'm selling the car..
    whats the difference compared to the 03-05?