Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda MDX

Rear rotors and pads for an 04 Honda MDX 4wd

Does anybody know where I can source a set of rear brake rotors and pads for a 2004 Honda MDX? I am in Brisbane.

Local dealer has quoted me $675 just for the supply of the parts, which I think is a little over the top. They want $120 for a pollen filter, there's got to be some aftermarket options.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Yonas from JDMYard stocks RDA stuff. Try asking him

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85998

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda MDX
    Thanks but believe it or not, RDA doesn't do rear rotors for the MDX, only fronts. I checked with RDA directly.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Legend, 92 Civic
    have you tried a local parts shop. repco bursons carbitz?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    Does anybody know where I can source a set of rear brake rotors and pads for a 2004 Honda MDX? I am in Brisbane.

Local dealer has quoted me $675 just for the supply of the parts, which I think is a little over the top. They want $120 for a pollen filter, there's got to be some aftermarket options.
    When we had our 03 MDX (Which we sold for 45k in 07).. i was a regular vsitor and active member to www.acuramdx.org where i learnt many of info on the MDX...
    Believe or not, if you search on US ebay, you will find tons to goodies for sale, i personally changed the front and rear brake discs and pretty much bought all the parts over the ebay (paid by paypal) in advance.

They are mostly like half or less than the price you got quoted here...

But, But,,, i believe the CRV's brake discs should be interchangable to the MDX from 05 on-ward.. as i read somewhere that there was an up grade to the braking system in the CRV and i visually measured the specs which was pretty much the same (except the front calipers where the MDX is a 2-pot and the CRV is a single pot)...

But i would say US ebay... if you are willing to wait for the shipping

Wish you lucj!
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda MDX
    Quote Originally Posted by jamchen View Post
    i was a regular vsitor and active member to www.acuramdx.org where i learnt many of info on the MDX...
    Believe or not, if you search on US ebay, you will find tons to goodies for sale, i personally changed the front and rear brake discs and pretty much bought all the parts over the ebay (paid by paypal) in advance.
    Many thanks, I might do this for future work. After market parts for the MDX are almost impossible to find here in Aust.

Rear rotors - While I would have preferred new rear rotors, I ended up gettting the current ones machined and bought a set of stock pads from the dealer for $130. Total cost was $200, and they're as good as new.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc236 View Post
    Many thanks, I might do this for future work. After market parts for the MDX are almost impossible to find here in Aust.

Rear rotors - While I would have preferred new rear rotors, I ended up gettting the current ones machined and bought a set of stock pads from the dealer for $130. Total cost was $200, and they're as good as new.
    Good to hear the problem has been taken care of...
    But machine the disc is only good for once...so mybe its time to get some disc replacements ..( i've changed mine with sloted and drilled one)... But we no longer own the MDX.. someone has luck..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin