Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    i was told by one of the honda aust head honchos at this stage it's unlikely this will be sold in australia
    I don't blame them, especially after the poor record of new NSX sales. They do need to bring the FD2 Type R in! haha. Honda will be bleeding in the sports hatch/sedan market when the Ralliart Lancer is released here. Then the EVO X will be the nail in the coffin.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I don't blame them, especially after the poor record of new NSX sales. They do need to bring the FD2 Type R in! haha. Honda will be bleeding in the sports hatch/sedan market when the Ralliart Lancer is released here. Then the EVO X will be the nail in the coffin.
    i saw the first evo x roll off the truck today. looks like the nail is already in lol.
    DR HONDA pit crew

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2 Sports
    Be good if it isn't sold locally. Means we can import it eventually.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yep the NSX was a disappointment in terms of sales.The outgoing NSX was $225,000?so one can imagine what would be the price of this V10 machine.

The FD2 would certainly be a competitor to the WRX and Ralliart-but I don't think it could match it with the EVO X or STI in terms of performance and everyday driving.
    I think and I hate to say it,the next generation of Type Rs may need to be turbo or supercharged.
    It's just becoming increasingly difficult for Honda to compete with these force fed cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    honda should def do a SC-CTR.
    they'd still be different cause everyone else is going turbo and it would certainly put them ahead
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod_accord View Post
    Be good if it isn't sold locally. Means we can import it eventually.
    For those who'll be able to afford it! haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxlude View Post
    Look's like an S2000 had sex with a Maserati
    more like a ferrari 599 and the AUDM CTR had a baby lol.
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    holy crap man, rather save up for a house then.

but it looks bloody sex'd
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Quote Originally Posted by jugbugz View Post
    I know I exagerated it a bit but my point is just that they do hit 100% VE narrowly and over on tuned engines. VE means how much air is filled in the cylinder per RPM. If it's fully filled then its 100% VE. 80% filled is 80% VE. Thats where that paragraph after vtec came from. Thats what I learnt anyway.
    Just admit your wrong, your information is horrid.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda View Post
    Yep the NSX was a disappointment in terms of sales.The outgoing NSX was $225,000?so one can imagine what would be the price of this V10 machine.

The FD2 would certainly be a competitor to the WRX and Ralliart-but I don't think it could match it with the EVO X or STI in terms of performance and everyday driving.
    I think and I hate to say it,the next generation of Type Rs may need to be turbo or supercharged.
    It's just becoming increasingly difficult for Honda to compete with these force fed cars.
    Almost never gonna happen. Honda have always prided themselves on achieving big numbers via NA. The FD2 is more than worthy in a battle with the Evo X and STi. Look at the AMS S2000 at Superlap last year. Just 300PS with 1,200kg body and ran 56s. At the track it's all about linear power delivery and mid corner grip. For a FWD the FD2 has bucketloads of both.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by kraiye View Post
    honda should def do a SC-CTR.
    they'd still be different cause everyone else is going turbo and it would certainly put them ahead
    Volkswagen says

They are rolling out direct injection twin charge engines across their entire range over the next 2 years. Quite alot of other Eu manufacturers are developing the same technology. It's the way force fed engines will be heading.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    Just admit your wrong, your information is horrid.
    Are we still saying N/A engines dont hit over 100% VE?

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=152096
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volumetric_efficiency