Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a

B16 upgrade, who can help me?!!

ok, i have a JDM b16a, exhaust intake otherwise stock and need more grunt, spoke to a bloke from TODA got a price of 2.5K for a set of cams comp etc thought that was way to steep and out of my budget, so i found these on ebay along with cam gears.. wondering if something liek this is anygood?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...073511049&rd=1

now i want to kno is there someone i can talk to about wot i want to do as i was thinking of doing final drive, flywheel, clutch etc..

wot i need to get if doing a cam or other upgrades like valve springs or wot type of cam,
    someone who's done a bit of work or know's wot there on about when modding honda engines etc?..

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    too bad i deleted all my bookmarked research on these as i was going to get them...

bottom line is DO NOT get them.. regardless how well you baby your car during run in these cams will literally fall flat in performance and physically as they eat away at your rocker covers...

no shit seriously after extensive research on this not one person salvaged their rockers .

and this is through the last 4yrs of people buying these... the chromoly was just TOO hard

their replicas of Skunk2 Stage 2s... you may as well get the Blox B replicas as their cheaper but their also chill cast like the skunks and oem cores
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EH9 B16a
    other wise my only option is forking out near 2k for spoon, buddy club, toda etc

Account Disabled Array
    ITR cams, ITR manifold and t/b, ECU + tune will yield around 105-110kw

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivic View Post
    other wise my only option is forking out near 2k for spoon, buddy club, toda etc
    since your already looking on eBay you'd realise that you can get all those cams for under $800 delivered to Aus... don't forget to factor in valve springs + new valve stem seals as an absolute minimum.. get flat face valves if funds allow...

heres a start on the valvetrain.. quoted US$190 for delivery to Aus....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perfo...temZ8074283170
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    ITR cams, ITR manifold and t/b, ECU + tune will yield around 105-110kw
    serious?? manifold + TB worth that much? i'm hoping for 110wkw after tune without those 2 parts...

Account Disabled Array
    The guy from Toda quoted you that price, but have you factor in other things to make the combo work? Sure you can put a set of cams in, but you need to account for labour, aftermarket ecu + tune, headers, intake and etc

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    serious?? manifold + TB worth that much? i'm hoping for 110wkw after tune without those 2 parts...
    b16a2 motor with ITR cams, ITR manifold + t/b, long ram intake, ITR header, crome ecu + tune 108kw

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The guy from Toda quoted you that price, but have you factor in other things to make the combo work? Sure you can put a set of cams in, but you need to account for labour, aftermarket ecu + tune, headers, intake and etc
    oh yeah, he probably included the labour cost in which case that price is right Rivic...

if your serious about the performance then you gotta cough the cash...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    modding cars is not a cheap thing especailly if you actually wanna make power and not bling
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    If you wanna make a bit more power start with the basics.
    Intake, exhaust, clutch & lightened flywheel.

Might also want some suspension upgrades & braking improvement, tyres

Then once you've seen what you've got and want more go;
    CAMS, CAM gears, P&P, ECU.

Then you gotta make a choice, either ALLMOTOR or BOOST & your wallet starts to get a hole in it
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    If you wanna make a bit more power start with the basics.
    Intake, exhaust, clutch & lightened flywheel.

Might also want some suspension upgrades & braking improvement, tyres

Then once you've seen what you've got and want more go;
    CAMS, CAM gears, P&P, ECU.

Then you gotta make a choice, either ALLMOTOR or BOOST & your wallet starts to get a hole in it
    exact order i went through minus brakes.. wanted to see if it was justified or if better pads + rotor was adequate