Hybrid View

I'm a full bike license holder, just not familiar with riding on Bikes on Australian roads.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I'm a full bike license holder, just not familiar with riding on Bikes on Australian roads.
    Do you drive a car? How much experience riding have you had?

I would just go and get some private lessons and then look for a bike. If you are reasonably experienced, I would be looking for something other than the RGV. Firstly I am not generally a fan of two strokes (maintenance, power band etc) plus the RGV is a pretty old bike now as I remember it.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    Do you drive a car? How much experience riding have you had?

I would just go and get some private lessons and then look for a bike. If you are reasonably experienced, I would be looking for something other than the RGV.
    lol, I explained in my OP.

full car and bike license, just that i learned to ride in another country and even though i hold a full bike license, have no exp. on AU roads.

in my situation, what would you recommend?

edit: umm, I would say I'm fairly competent with a motorcycle. I haven't ridden one in more than 2 years though, would be quite shaky in the 1st half an hour but i think i would get it back after that.
    Last edited by Bludger; 10-09-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    lol, I explained in my OP.

full car and bike license, just that i learned to ride in another country and even though i hold a full bike license, have no exp. on AU roads.

in my situation, what would you recommend?
    How long have you ridden for? I wouldnt have thought you would have to much trouble riding on Australian roads - just understand the road rules as they apply to bikes.

As I said earlier, maybe get a couple of lessons if you are worried.

Are you specifically looking for a sports bike or do you want a sports cruser etc?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.