Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    slowmo mobile

D2 coilovers or MDU

Yeah i know they only cheap ebay items but i have a friend who uses them on his dori 180(d2) and has had no problems with them. Has anyone on this forum used them on a ek/ej/em civic. Looking at getting a budget coilover or am i better of getting a second hand pair.

Here's some links
    D2
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/D2-Adjustable...QQcmdZViewItem

MDU
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MDU-COIL-OVER...QQcmdZViewItem

Please dont flame either unless you have experience with either coilovers..
    Last edited by AKILYA666; 12-09-2008 at 07:31 PM.
    Join The Dark Side......Get A Free Cookie !!!!!

Now driving a scooby.. will return to the vtec in the near future

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by AKILYA666 View Post
    Yeah i know they only cheap ebay items but i have a friend who uses them on his dori 180(d2) and has had no problems with them. Has anyone on this forum used them on a ek/ej/em civic. Looking at getting a budget coilover or am i better of getting a second hand pair.

Here's some links
    D2
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/D2-Adjustable...QQcmdZViewItem

MDU
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MDU-COIL-OVER...QQcmdZViewItem

Please dont flame either unless you have experience with either coilovers..
    D2 is a budget coilover sold pretty much world wide even in japan.
    Even used on Japan Gymkhana champs wrx with d2 8pot front and 6pot rear.
    If you want to go ahead with D2 contact Justjap in Kirrawee. www.justjap.com
    THey give a proper local warranty and you get a proper receipt. If the dampers do blow after warranty you can buy off the shelf damper inserts.

MDU on the other hand are not heard off other than on ebay. Its purely an ebay originated house brand from an unknown manufacturer.

So you can make your own mind now on what is the better option in the long run.
    Dont buy these coilovers from these ebay traders especially frmo overseas.
    If they do have any problems you will have to send it back overseas.
    For what. Just to save 180$?
    Last edited by iced; 12-09-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    D2 is a budget coilover sold pretty much world wide even in japan.
    Even used on Japan Gymkhana champs wrx with d2 8pot front and 6pot rear.
    If you want to go ahead with D2 contact Justjap in Kirrawee. www.justjap.com
    THey give a proper local warranty and you get a proper receipt. If the dampers do blow after warranty you can buy off the shelf damper inserts.

MDU on the other hand are not heard off other than on ebay. Its purely an ebay originated house brand from an unknown manufacturer.

So you can make your own mind now on what is the better option in the long run.
    Dont buy these coilovers from these ebay traders especially frmo overseas.
    If they do have any problems you will have to send it back overseas.
    For what. Just to save 180$?
    i wouldnt go for neither.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=coilover

mate spend another 200-300 and grab your self a decent coilover.
    some teins go for 1.3g or 1.4g
    buddyclubs go for around 1.5g
    aftermarket car part brands arent like clothing brands.
    its not like cotton on compared to ralph lauren, where technically only the symbol is different.

theres a reason as to why "branded" products for cars are better.
    they cost abit more but hey, if it means less hassles and less repair down the track. might as well.

youre better off spending 500+extra rather than wasting 900 on coilovers proven to not have reliability.

=]

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    ive been contemplating buying a set also.

but a set of koni yellows with my king springs might be a better option for the same price.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    You can take my advice how you wish.
    Ive used G4 coilovers for over 1 year without any problems at all.
    half a dozen track days, 20000kms a year of daily driving on Sydney suburban roads.
    Expecting to run into the 1:16s at Wakefield Park with 65kwATW with a bucket seat in the near future.
    Also we just spent $2400 on 2x sets of D2/G4 coilovers for two clients' cars i am working on for setup for trackdays+dailydriver.

For a Civic you have many options. For a car like mine you have less options.
    some of the jap options for my car:
    Tein Superstreet is too soft and a set will set you back $1800 with camber tops.
    Cusco Zero2 very good coilover at $2100 blows the budget. Drivin on this winding roads with lots of bumps and cant be more satisfied

For Civics, Buddy club coilovers are a pretty good buy at around $1700 and come with good 2yr warranty.

In the end I can vouch for D2/G4, Tein, Cusco, Buddyclub.
    Each of them have their merits and downfalls.

A proper purchase from a local supplier ensures you get proper warranty. To me that is important. Even the best coilover can leak and if you did not have proper warranty, you'd probably want to bin them.
    Ive even had opportunities to purchase Ohlins coilovers from a Mirage race car for about $400 but i gave it a pass. Id be in for a $800 rebuild at the least if they stuffed up the following week.

SO.
    Given the options you have suggest I wouldnt take any because the non local warranty of the D2 and the unknown origin of the MDU.
    Last edited by iced; 13-09-2008 at 02:14 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansey View Post
    ive been contemplating buying a set also.

but a set of koni yellows with my king springs might be a better option for the same price.
    IT will a good setup for sure. The limits are its uses.
    The only thing i have against that setup is the limitation of the soft spring rate from off the shelf lowering springs.

If you want to hit the track and push it hard the handling will no tbe predictable as you may want it to be when driving on the limit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    i wont be tracking my car at all.
    just want something that is affordable for daily driving that will go quite low.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r CW
    999 automotive supplys MDU ones i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    mmm *scratches chin*

Even though Iced has used G4's (right Iced?) for a year, used them on track days and everything with no problem its still a case of good and bad really (or atleast thats my opinion)

If you look on various other sites/forums people have had huge epic failures using D2's and G4's and some will live and swear by them till the cows come home (moo?)

I honestly wouldn't buy either MDU or D2/G4 because that is just me though D2/G4/MDU's may might like Iced be the right thing for you

I dont think id ever buy a second hand set of coilovers/shocks/springs either (unless i knew the guy and there car well beforehand or knew 4+ people who can vouch/answer questions)
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r CW
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    mmm *scratches chin*

Even though Iced has used G4's (right Iced?) for a year, used them on track days and everything with no problem its still a case of good and bad really (or atleast thats my opinion)

If you look on various other sites/forums people have had huge epic failures using D2's and G4's and some will live and swear by them till the cows come home (moo?)

I honestly wouldn't buy either MDU or D2/G4 because that is just me though D2/G4/MDU's may might like Iced be the right thing for you

I dont think id ever buy a second hand set of coilovers/shocks/springs either (unless i knew the guy and there car well beforehand or knew 4+ people who can vouch/answer questions)

Yeah some people say they are good but some people hate them, ive seen pics on this forum of d2's snapped in half before lol.

[/QUOTE]
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    haha
    the few wonderpics that brings them down.
    what a coincidence that both front sides snap.
    my oh my