Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    Quote Originally Posted by samsung001 View Post
    we've got no chance to get one in AUS. Do we ?
    i'm afraid not. honda australia has supplied the civic type r to the australian market in full volume, so its a pain in the ass. there are two ways/possibilities. If full volume is surrended by honda in near future then a window of opportunity can exist. the other is personal import as DreadAngel mentioned earlier.
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Without the use of Personal Import, no yet... Don't think it'll go through SEVS because the FD1 is sold here...
    and FD2

but yeah... too bad we cant "register" it as a Civic Sports when we import one hohoho

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Quote Originally Posted by 6-SpeedManual View Post
    i'm afraid not. honda australia has supplied the civic type r to the australian market in full volume, so its a pain in the ass. there are two ways/possibilities. If full volume is surrended by honda in near future then a window of opportunity can exist. the other is personal import as DreadAngel mentioned earlier.

That's really bad. How come the good things never available in AU!
    AUS HONDA...PLs get rid the FN2R and get the FD2R here PLEASE !!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    When is Honda Australia going to get their head out of their ass?
    Hopefully with all these new performance models coming out from all the other brands, might push them to release it. After all, the DC2R sold really well. The FD2R would be even better being a 4 door and all.

I would lay a deposit down right this instant if I knew it was coming here.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    apparently the current Honda Aus boss (the man who was responsible to bring the FD2r to Malaysia) said we won't get FD2R here. his reason was that FD2R is too hardcore for our market.

in a way i can understand his reasoning (although i don't agree). there is virtually no other $40k+ on the market that only has 2 airbags (and minimal equipment). the market has moved on since the DC days.

having said that, i would buy a FD2R if it is available here for under $50k.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post

having said that, i would buy a FD2R if it is available here for under $50k.
    Fn2R already under 50k (RRP 43k), i reckon FD2R would around 50k+(53k???), but you add extra around 10k, you will get "basic" HSV with 317kw V8 6.2L, 19", 365 mm rotor, 4 pot BBK at rear
    Last edited by dmx; 16-09-2008 at 09:49 PM.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    Fn2R already under 50k (RRP 43k), i reckon FD2R would around 50k+(53k???), but you add extra around 10k, you will "basic" HSV with 317kw V8 6.2L, 19", 365 mm rotor, 4 pot BBK at rear
    agree... or a basic EVO X as well... It's sad, but sometimes we have to accept that FD2R might be hard to sell here... maybe we should open a poll on "Would you buy FD2R for $55k" thread

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    apparently the current Honda Aus boss (the man who was responsible to bring the FD2r to Malaysia) said we won't get FD2R here. his reason was that FD2R is too hardcore for our market.
    That's what the market wants!!!
    They can't keep evo's on the floor, the gtr's coming here, xr6t's are a huge hit, everything's going hardcore......

What has honda got? A bloody hatch back. Flop like the new wrx (which is coming out in a sedan very soon!)....

Petition time?

Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post

What has honda got? A bloody hatch back. Flop like the new wrx (which is coming out in a sedan very soon!)...
    I think the sedan Impreza wont come in WRX STi version, or only in auto cant remember...

anyway, to fight EVO X, WRX STi, etc etc.. we need MUGEN RR!!! Type R wont stand a chance

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTi
    i would lay a deposit for the fd2r right now if they came...i think we should do a poll on who would buy the fd2r and send it to honda aus...

Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    When is Honda Australia going to get their head out of their ass?
    Hopefully with all these new performance models coming out from all the other brands, might push them to release it. After all, the DC2R sold really well. The FD2R would be even better being a 4 door and all.

I would lay a deposit down right this instant if I knew it was coming here.
    Bear in mind they didn't sell the JDM DC2R, they sold the UK ones. I believe it had slightly less power as well... kinda like the FD2R and FN2R.

Although the differences between the JDM DC2R and the AUDM ones were minimal, they brought in the less hardcore one. Which is the same as Bringing the FN2R in as its less hardcore.

Same applies for our DC5R's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    Bear in mind they didn't sell the JDM DC2R, they sold the UK ones. I believe it had slightly less power as well... kinda like the FD2R and FN2R.

Although the differences between the JDM DC2R and the AUDM ones were minimal, they brought in the less hardcore one. Which is the same as Bringing the FN2R in as its less hardcore.

Same applies for our DC5R's.
    True.

Limited edition Jap spec would be nice. The other manufacturers are basically now Jap spec for all the world. The issue used to be our fuel. Not any more....

I might buy one of those Toyota/Subaru cars that are coming out soon. They look like fun. The new S16 Silvia looks crappy.