Thread: sunroof issues

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

sunroof issues

hey everyone, need your help!
    My sunroof usually closes automatically when i turn my car off but I had my car serviced yesterday and now i have to close it manually when i turn the car off. What would be causing that? and how can I change it back to Auto?

also i got a mongoose alarm system installed at Dsire4Sound about 3 months ago and the central locking seems to be playin up. When the car is on a hill and i press the remote the alarm turns off but doesnt unlock and i have to do it manually - any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by CER-15E; 10-10-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by CER-15E View Post
    hey everyone, need your help!
    My sunroof usually closes automatically when i turn my car off but I had my car serviced yesterday and now i have to close it manually when i turn the car off. What would be causing that? and how can I change it back to Auto?

also i got a mongoose alarm system installed at Dsire4Sound about 3 months ago and the central locking seems to be playin up. When the car is on a hill and i press the remote the alarm turns off but doesnt unlock and i have to do it manually - any suggestions?

Thanks
    about your sunroof closing automatically that could have been hooked up with your alarm system before, did you have a alarm system before you installed the mongoose one. if could be how they installed your alarm system they could have disabled the function for you, contact desire for sound and tell them that the mongoose system is playing up on ya, and let them know you want your alarm system hooked up with your sunroof too so that it automatically closes the sunroof once you lock your car

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    yer i see wat you mean... but ive had the alarm for a few months now and the sunroof closed before and after i got it.. it only stopped working yesterday

When you got the car serviced, did they disconnect your battery by any chance? Perhaps it has forgotten a setting to close automatically when the battery was disconnected? That's like the Accords and Euros where after a battery disconnect the driver's power window forgets the auto up/down and you have to reset it to do so. That happened to my old man's Accord. Just a guess...I really have no idea!

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    thanks alpine.. it's all fixed now.. its working again.. dont no wat happened but today it closed automatically..

but the central locking still sucks.. so ill have to call them and get it fixed..