Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by chikaboom View Post
    Impossible? Well, let me tell you, IT DID.
    Slight rain on tarmac and 35km right turn at roundabout with 2nd gear with VSA on.
    Make any sense? It doesn't and that is why I was pissed and still am!
    Even on dry surface, the car doesn't feel like its got much grip in the rear tyres.
    Being slightly wet(and probably a bit of oil/grease on the road surface)will be enough to cause a car to spin out on a roundabout even at that speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Being slightly wet(and probably a bit of oil/grease on the road surface)will be enough to cause a car to spin out on a roundabout even at that speed.
    ..if your driving like an idiot. You forgot to mention that bit at the end.

When my euro was stock you had to be going into a round about like a spastic on Ice to get the rear to step out. Usually in the wet and accompanied by a savage lift off throttle mid corner.

Now i have tein SS and RSB you really have to going in deep and committed and on full throttle then lift off 100% and it will start to rotate the back end in the dry. I wouldn't even attempt it in the wet as the VSA will not save me.

If your car is losing the back end in the wet i would look at the following in order:

1.Theres a problem between the steering wheel and the seat. Most Likely.See my comment about lift off oversteer.
    2. Bad tyres in the rear and/ or incorrect tyre pressure.
    3. Worn out shocks if your car has done a lot of Kays.

My guess is a combination of at least 2 of the above.

Have fun.

cheers
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

can we claim the warranty of the car from another honda dealer where u didnt get the car from (in the case if the dealer where u purchase the car from cant fix the problem) ???? Or we must go back to the dealership where we got the car from????

Warranty repairs

My MY06 Honda which I have sold few months ago never had to have any repairs done to it.(except the rattle in the front window which dealer never managed to fix so I gave up) The window rattle stopped when I lower the front windows only by 2mm.

I since bought a new MY08 Accord and I am already battling slight rattle near the rear speakers.

I wonder if Honda is still as good as what it used to be years ago.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13 View Post
    can we claim the warranty of the car from another honda dealer where u didnt get the car from (in the case if the dealer where u purchase the car from cant fix the problem) ???? Or we must go back to the dealership where we got the car from????
    You can go to ANY Honda dealer.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by snajper View Post

I since bought a new MY08 Accord and I am already battling slight rattle near the rear speakers.

I wonder if Honda is still as good as what it used to be years ago.
    The slight rattle is due to a missing rubber that cushions the vibrations. I heard this from the dealers in the weekend when we ordered our new CU2 lux satnav

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    The slight rattle is due to a missing rubber that cushions the vibrations. I heard this from the dealers in the weekend when we ordered our new CU2 lux satnav
    Did they tell you where that rubber is meant to be located at?

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Did they tell you where that rubber is meant to be located at?
    No they didnt.
    They mentioned it because we were questioning about the rattling sound in the auto CU2. Well the salesperson said that the accords with the noise from the rear speakers can have the rubber piece installed under warranty.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    No they didnt.
    They mentioned it because we were questioning about the rattling sound in the auto CU2. Well the salesperson said that the accords with the noise from the rear speakers can have the rubber piece installed under warranty.
    I need to find out information on that, because the same problem existed in the CL9. The parcel shelf would rattle with any bassy song, with stock audio.

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    you sir, in my opinion, have bought a 'friday' car !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    If your car is losing the back end in the wet i would look at the following in order:

1.Theres a problem between the steering wheel and the seat. Most Likely.See my comment about lift off oversteer.
    2. Bad tyres in the rear and/ or incorrect tyre pressure.
    3. Worn out shocks if your car has done a lot of Kays.

My guess is a combination of at least 2 of the above.

Have fun.

cheers

1. Could very well be
    2. check the tire pressure, maybe its too high, set it back to the recomended. What the CU2 recomended presure? I set my rear (CL9) at 34-32 depend on condition, 16" stock rims and front +2 of the rears.
    3. He did mention its a CU2, new car, so rule this out.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    you sir, in my opinion, have bought a 'friday' car !!!
    Great input and intelligence...maybe

As for the rear parcel shelf I have not noticed this problem, however, this will be the last Honda I or my business ever buys there is no way back from this. I could have bought a Commodore or Ford with the expectation of such problems but not something "made in Japan". Quite disappointing, maybe the F1 budget is getting stretched and they need to source funds by reducing quality control....