Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    Great input and intelligence...maybe

As for the rear parcel shelf I have not noticed this problem, however, this will be the last Honda I or my business ever buys there is no way back from this. I could have bought a Commodore or Ford with the expectation of such problems but not something "made in Japan". Quite disappointing, maybe the F1 budget is getting stretched and they need to source funds by reducing quality control....
    The problem now is that the CU2 was designed as a global car, unlike the CL9 which was originally a Japan-market car. A car for USA, UK, Oceania. You get compromises and those compromises results in minor problems. Minor problems do not justify a recall, unfortunately.

Here is a snippet of info, in Japan, they still sell the CL9, not the CU2.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    however, this will be the last Honda I or my business ever buys there is no way back from this.
    I am with you on this one. Whilst my car is finally fixed it has highlighted the lack of quality control Honda have in their cars.

I too doubt very much i would buy another Honda again.
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by The X Man View Post
    I am with you on this one. Whilst my car is finally fixed it has highlighted the lack of quality control Honda have in their cars.

I too doubt very much i would buy another Honda again.
    Did you also have the problem with the rattling noise. We just ordered the CU2 lux satnav in auto, so if its the same problem most of the ppl have complaint abt, i would like to know what the fix was.

Cheers

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    Did you also have the problem with the rattling noise. We just ordered the CU2 lux satnav in auto, so if its the same problem most of the ppl have complaint abt, i would like to know what the fix was.

Cheers
    No, i have a new CL9. It had a pile of problems from the moment i took delivery.
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!

Hmmm... I thought all the late models of CL9 are bullet proof already....

JDM stuffs are usually top notch.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    No they didnt.
    They mentioned it because we were questioning about the rattling sound in the auto CU2. Well the salesperson said that the accords with the noise from the rear speakers can have the rubber piece installed under warranty.
    i had always wanted to believe a salesperson... but something tells me that he/she is just lying through the teeth to get your sale.

i seriously wonder if the salesperson would be interested in a 'piece of missing rubber'.

talking to a mate in the auto industry, he said cars these days are no longer designed to be fault proof. why? increasingly, govts around the world wants manufacturers to honour their warranty, even though regular servicing was not done by an 'authorised agents'.

studies have shown as well, that people usually get their warranty concerns addressed during the dealer servicing.. thus, they are designing cars with some 'minor problems'... these minor problems are so minor (eg, some squeaks, clicks, paint blemish) that you won't want to visit a dealer just to have it fixed, but they are annoying enough to make you want to have your car serviced at the dealer, so that you can do your warranty claim 'while you are there'.. real sneaky...

let's hope honda has not adopted this approach, and hope that the problems reported so far will be resolved by the later batches...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Honda Accord Euro

Best comment of all~ LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    you sir, in my opinion, have bought a 'friday' car !!!
    Freaky friday!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Honda Accord Euro

Why hasn't Japan released CU2?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The problem now is that the CU2 was designed as a global car, unlike the CL9 which was originally a Japan-market car. A car for USA, UK, Oceania. You get compromises and those compromises results in minor problems. Minor problems do not justify a recall, unfortunately.

Here is a snippet of info, in Japan, they still sell the CL9, not the CU2.
    I was checking Japanese Honda website at www.honda.co.jp
    It didn't have the new accord euro.
    What's up with that?
    Does anyone know why the story is as such?

the CU2 will be out in japan in Dec...
    here is the link http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORD/new/
    if you can understand japanese

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by chikaboom View Post
    I was checking Japanese Honda website at www.honda.co.jp
    It didn't have the new accord euro.
    What's up with that?
    Does anyone know why the story is as such?
    The world is the guinea pig for Japan. We get to see all the faults first. Honda finds, fixes and then sells perfectly sorted cars in Japan where they can't afford to have any faults.

When I say "fixes" I don't mean that they'll fix faults on cars sold throughout the world; only sort them out so they don't happen (ever) in Japan.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Mazda6 GG1032
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    The world is the guinea pig for Japan. We get to see all the faults first. Honda finds, fixes and then sells perfectly sorted cars in Japan where they can't afford to have any faults.

When I say "fixes" I don't mean that they'll fix faults on cars sold throughout the world; only sort them out so they don't happen (ever) in Japan.
    Following on from this logic then, perhaps it may be best to assume that any CU2 with build date of 11/08 onwards may not have the pinging or other quality issues, or is that too much to ask.....?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by centurionau View Post
    Following on from this logic then, perhaps it may be best to assume that any CU2 with build date of 11/08 onwards may not have the pinging or other quality issues, or is that too much to ask.....?
    I'd give it 1 whole year to sort out problems.
    Even Japan-made civics had the sticky window problem that plague the Thai-made civics!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2