Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheeelz

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DC2

Wheeelz

Hey everyone my dc2 is in getting resprayed, orange with charcoal bonnet. Should look mint. I want black rims with a chrome lip, just wondering....

I have coilovers and the guards have been rolled, what size can you tuck under these cars before you start getting problems? I used to have 17's and they were sweet as

Cheers everyone.
    WTB

B SERIES GEARBOX

DC2 SIDE MOULDINGS

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    depends on offset, i had 18x7.5 and didnt rub at all with coilovers slammed and stock guards

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yea, i want like 19's... what was the offset on the 18's?

cheers mate
    WTB

B SERIES GEARBOX

DC2 SIDE MOULDINGS

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    In all honesty... anythin bigger than 18 is 2 big 4 a teg, but if ur goin show stylez... this is what they'll look like....

The white dc2r has 19's n the pink dc2 has 20's...

Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by nomcice View Post
    yea, i want like 19's... what was the offset on the 18's?

cheers mate
    i wouldnt go biger than 18's on a dc2.

mine where +55 offset with 215/35/18 tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Sick bro!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    Sick bro!!
    sorry it dosent have overpriced JDM parts on it . stop being so narrow minded it would be a pretty boring world if we all had the same taste.

anyway , id stick to 18's personaly (not only because 18s look big on a teg) but its also legal wich will probably save you some headaches in the future
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    what sort of retard would put 19 inch rims on a type r.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by FASN8U View Post
    sorry it dosent have overpriced JDM parts on it . stop being so narrow minded it would be a pretty boring world if we all had the same taste.

anyway , id stick to 18's personaly (not only because 18s look big on a teg) but its also legal wich will probably save you some headaches in the future
    Did I say anything bad? No.
    When I see massive chromes, there is a sudden urge to just yell out Sick bro, or sick Yulleh.

I actully love the Work emotion CR Kai's in chrome. Sorry, i've seen way too many cheap tempe rims crack and snap. JDM rims too also crack, but never seen any in real life. Buckled... yes, seen plenty of them.
    18's would be better than 19's, although anything bigger than 16's on a DC2 just decreases performance like crazy. 17's are bareable.

The point of large chromes is to make it a cruiser though yeah? Why make your car more uncomfortable by putting 18's, 19's?

On another note, why do people that have chromes spell things with "Z" instead of "S"? Wheelz? LOL.
    Last edited by VTECMACHINE; 15-11-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    yeh im of similar opinion i got 17s on my da9.. and thats from 14s i think. but i dont notice the difference but looking from that pink one, that has an intercooler in the grill if u spend that much on a turbo/sc kit and all the headache putting that on and then put heavy chrome wheels on it sorta defys the point. but thats my opinion... however a nice big set of wheels not chrome i still sorta think a little overkill. especially on something like a turbo teg or type R...

its like a white guy trying to be black hes gonna cop critism but at the same time theres others like it...

but i never said i dont like the wheels and they do look kinda cool just not my bag

and as for jdm..... i dont understand the hype about it

either extremes are just stupid (jdm or big chrome wheels), why not just be practical and put the right size wheel on the right car? eg. dc2=16" dc5=17"

all styles of cars can be appreciated but theres no point in turning a fast sports car into a cruiser, defeats the purpose. at the same time people are tryna turn luxury euro's into sports cars.. they're no better

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t View Post
    either extremes are just stupid (jdm or big chrome wheels), why not just be practical and put the right size wheel on the right car? eg. dc2=16" dc5=17"

all styles of cars can be appreciated but theres no point in turning a fast sports car into a cruiser, defeats the purpose. at the same time people are tryna turn luxury euro's into sports cars.. they're no better

a fast sports car cant really be used on the street without getting into sh!t, im getting my license back in a month after losing it for 22months for that reason. I just want a cruiser, with biggish rims

thanks everyone for your opinions
    WTB

B SERIES GEARBOX

DC2 SIDE MOULDINGS