Thread: sunroof motor

Member Array

sunroof motor

hi guys
    theres a particular EK im interested in purchasing but the sunroof motor is stuffed.
    it wont open/tilt
    how easy are these to replace and whats the rough price for a 2nd hand one

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    Quote Originally Posted by incoming View Post
    hi guys
    theres a particular EK im interested in purchasing but the sunroof motor is stuffed.
    it wont open/tilt
    how easy are these to replace and whats the rough price for a 2nd hand one

i got told that the motors in the hondas are pretty expensive easy to change but an easy couple hundreds
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GS-R Sedan
    they are not really hard at all just take panels off the pillars and unscrew the oh Sh!t handles unscrew the dom light also. make sure you have the battery disconnected just to make sure you done arc the power some how. and then pop off the headliner and you should see the motor. its pretty simple maybe 4-5 bolts.

But before you do all this check your switch because it might just be something as simple as that. If you know someone with an ek switch just test it with thiers

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTran View Post
    they are not really hard at all just take panels off the pillars and unscrew the oh Sh!t handles unscrew the dom light also. make sure you have the battery disconnected just to make sure you done arc the power some how. and then pop off the headliner and you should see the motor. its pretty simple maybe 4-5 bolts.

But before you do all this check your switch because it might just be something as simple as that. If you know someone with an ek switch just test it with thiers
    cheers mate.. didnt think about the switch!